Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yellow line around 17" screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Notice this line after the last update. Is this normal or is something wrong with my screen?
20200105_111237.jpg

Hi John,

To save you much time, energy, and goodwill reading the long threads -
Tesla has created an ultraviolet machine that removes the yellow ring.
It is a goodwill fix and can be accomplished in a few hours.
You must schedule it with your Service Center

I had my 2018 X treated this way 4 weeks ago and it looks great!!!

Shawn

• Informative
Reactions: Michelx
Just had my wife's 2018 model x done today. Is there an idea on how long this fix lasts? Will we need to end up replacing the screen at some point? it also looks like her dash display is starting to have the same issue.

Yes the dash display has the same problem, similar to the big screen except not as obvious, since that screen generally is not lit to the edge. But like the big screen problem, there is no tool to fix it yet.

It's been discussed:

Yellow screen? Force Tesla to Replace it!

Tesla is aware of this issue and it expects the screen yellowing as it blames on drivers using the screen in 1) Temperature, 2) Humidity, and 3) Oxygen.

I have had two screens do this in my Model X. The first was replaced quickly in my driveway by a mobile technician. Service that was promised for owners that live more than two hours from the nearest service center. Now, it’s happened again, and they will only repair it a service center. Less and less they are allowing mobile technicians to do for their customers that they promised service.

My screen has just developed the yellow banding. It's not as pronounced as some but it is still there. Ive scheduled a mobile tech callout View attachment 569963

This generally requires a service center visit. They rig up a special very high output UV light, and let it cook for a few hours. The Mobile techs do not carry the tool not have the time to take care of it.

I had this problem but followed the advice from one of the threads on this site and it was a very easy fix. Bought a UV light (actually the one I used was a “nail dryer”) for $14 from amazon. Propped it up a few inches from screen and left it on overnight. I had to move it around a bit to get different parts of the screen but after 5 nights the yellow was gone. Huge improvement.
Although now I’m springing for the MCU upgrade so getting a new screen anyway.

I had this problem but followed the advice from one of the threads on this site and it was a very easy fix. Bought a UV light (actually the one I used was a “nail dryer”) for $14 from amazon. Propped it up a few inches from screen and left it on overnight. I had to move it around a bit to get different parts of the screen but after 5 nights the yellow was gone. Huge improvement.
Although now I’m springing for the MCU upgrade so getting a new screen anyway.

Was the device you used small enough to work on the ICD (small screen)? Tesla does not have a fix for the ICD yet.