TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Yellow residue dripping from tail lights.

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by IFlyPlanes, Jan 24, 2016.

1. IFlyPlanes

IFlyPlanes Member

My car has seen the first rain since I picked it up a month ago. I noticed today that there was a yellow residue dripping from the taillight. Is this something you all have experienced? Should I be worried that something was affected by the water?
    Any advice is appreciated. Fortunately I have an appointment with the service center tomorrow for a fit and finish issue.

2. BertL

BertL Active Member

I've not had this problem and have washed my MS many times since delivery in early October. Good luck with your resolution. I'm sure folks here would love to know what the SC says about it. Good luck!

3. thegruf

thegruf Member

4. IFlyPlanes

IFlyPlanes Member

Thanks all. They will probably have my car for a couple of days since the fit and finish issue required a trip to the body shop. I will post back when I learn more.

5. JohnSnowNW

JohnSnowNW Active Member

Clearly, blinker fluid.

j/k

6. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Active Member

I mentioned some rust spots that I found underneath the front baffles, so different side of the car than OP. Service found that I needed an updated bumper mount or something along those lines. They said Tesla changed over to the new mounts after VIN 30,000 or 40,000. Sorry for the vagueness, I wasn't paying that close attention when I talked with him.