Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yellow ring around Main Display?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can wait until next summer 2019 for the new screen design or you can get a replacement now that may suffer the same problem in time. Considering Elon time is never an exact science, I am going ahead with a replacement now and go back next year if the problem re-emerges. No argument from the service center yesterday on replacing the screen immediately. We had our MX screen replaced in September and now getting it done on our MS.

You can wait until next summer 2019 for the new screen design or you can get a replacement now that may suffer the same problem in time. Considering Elon time is never an exact science, I am going ahead with a replacement now and go back next year if the problem re-emerges. No argument from the service center yesterday on replacing the screen immediately. We had our MX screen replaced in September and now getting it done on our MS.
since (less than 2 weeks ago) Costa Mesa told us "no more screens will be replaced until there's a real fix", if you can still get yours done, does that mean the Costa Mesa SC top tech was lying - & was just getting rid of us?

since (less than 2 weeks ago) Costa Mesa told us "no more screens will be replaced until there's a real fix", if you can still get yours done, does that mean the Costa Mesa SC top tech was lying - & was just getting rid of us?
We picked up our MS today after having the screen replaced for the yellow ring. The service advisor warned us that the yellow ring may return and that we may have to come back in for another replacement in a few months. If the yellow ring returns, we'll get it replaced again... no worries... the permanent fix is on Elon time which they say is next summer. YMMV

Had my 2nd screen replacement performed in mid August, this time they replaced the whole MCU. Noticed yesterday that the top border had issues again in night mode (visible horizontal lines of a different shade of gray. Switched back to day mode and nothing was visible, but I've been using satellite maps, so I switched that off and lo and behold yellow line is back on the top. No yellowing visible on the sides yet though. Since it's cosmetic only and I have plenty of warranty left, sounds like I'll just wait until there's a permanent fix or I get close to the end of warranty.

I have a yellow ring on my screen since the middle of 2018. I was asked to wait for a fix. Today after almost a year I went back to SC and I was told the issue is still being looked at. However, if I want a replacement I will have to pay for it. I am absolutely shocked the I have been treated by TESLA SC in Birmingham UK. This is my third Tesla if this is how Tesla going to treat its customers then this will be my last TESLA ever. We have been putting up with poor built quality for years but can't have bad service to go with it too. I am planning to take my case to trading standards as the car is under warranty and this is a fault regardless yo call it a cosmetic issue or call it a fault.

Tesla replaced a ton of those screens, just to find that they often just yellow again, Cost over $1 Million to replace a thousand of them, so understandably Tesla wants to find a permenant fix before replacing any more.

Replacing a screen is not an easy thing to do, and sometimes will damage a trim piece in the process.

This is a years old problem for Tesla. Nobody inside or outside the company has been able to come up with a permenant fix.

Tesla replaced a ton of those screens, just to find that they often just yellow again, Cost over $1 Million to replace a thousand of them, so understandably Tesla wants to find a permenant fix before replacing any more.

Replacing a screen is not an easy thing to do, and sometimes will damage a trim piece in the process.

This is a years old problem for Tesla. Nobody inside or outside the company has been able to come up with a permenant fix.
That is their problem, we customers spent 100K on a car, why should we keep on paying for their inferiors testing and bad built quality.