Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yellow screen? Force Tesla to Replace it!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New feature idea for Tesla:

Much like rare paintings in museums, the next Model S will now include a velvet rope hanging around the MCU to prevent the screen from being touched.

If we are going this route, I thought they’d define a yellow border as a “delayed” feature that accents the display panel. Not available on all models.

So let me ask my fellow yellow bordered MS owners something. How does one ‘repair’ something that isn’t broken? They used the word ‘repair’. To me that implies something that isn’t functioning as designed.

This entire thing is absolutely surreal.
Lol, you're asking Elon to be logical. He's a car salesman, not Spock. There is logic "under the hood", but Elon's goal today is maximum profit, not logical communications.

Note, I'm talking about a settlement agreement, not what the service department will agree to.

My problem is, my extended service agreement has less than a year and a half left on it. I'm worried that the UV "repair" might be temporary. and I want a permanent fix. If Ryan is saying the UV treatment is permanent, maybe Tesla is willing to put their money where their mouth is and give some extra warranty for that one issue. It would cost them nothing if Ryan is correct about the UV treatment being permanent, so why not put that in the settlement agreement to avoid arbitration?
Because Ryan is not Elon, he has no powers to agree to offer you anything at all - not even a free T-shirt. I would never want Ryan's job - to negotiate things from people without being able to offer anything in exchange. I hope Ryan has a background in donations/fund raising telemarketing.

Last edited:
It's a huge company. Elon is not the only one running it
Elon is the communications arm of Tesla. Nothing as big as this is done without his explicit approval. Or are you suggesting his employees are keeping him in the dark about the yellow screens? Just because he pretends there is no issue, doesn't mean he doesn't know about and is not pulling all the strings.

Reactions: P100D_Me