Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yellow screen? Force Tesla to Replace it!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After arbitration decided in my favor almost a month ago, mobile service came out today and replaced my screen with a shiny new one. I have not received an invoice showing their internal part numbers, but I took a few pics of the back of the old and new screens after the old one was removed from the MCU..

Old: View attachment 459052

New: View attachment 459053
Doesn’t this throw cold water on the ‘Revision C’ theory that claims they may not yellow? Both the old yellowing display and the new display are Revision C. They’re just different iterations of Revision C.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
Doesn’t this throw cold water on the ‘Revision C’ theory that claims they may not yellow? Both the old yellowing display and the new display are Revision C. They’re just different iterations of Revision C.

No. Different part number reference to C. The pictured part number is the manufacturer's part number and revision. You're referencing Tesla's part number, which is 1084333-00-C. The prior tesla part number was 1015898-00-A. Those part numbers are not in the pictures. However, they do correspond to the manufacturer's part numbers shown in the picture.

What a joke, if this magic UV machine is their long term solution why aren't they churning out a couple of hundred of these things?
Call me sceptical but surely it is nothing more than a mounting frame with some UV lights and a power supply...not rocket science.

If the machine keeps breaking, then they need to re-engineer it before mass producing them. Kind of like what they failed to do with the screens!

Of course, if they can't use the UV machine to fix the displays in a timely manner, they ought to (or be required to, in my opinion) replace the screens.

Reactions: dhanson865
I just dropped my Model S off at the Dallas service center this morning for the "UV Repair". They have a one machine and TWO other Teslas are ahead of me in line to get it done today.
A Model X was getting the treatment when I pulled in and I actually got a glimpse of the machine. It looked like a red box about 2 or 3" thick and the same size as the 17" screen, attached to the face of the screen. The rep indicated they had done a lot of them and were even doing this pro-actively on cars that were in for other issues, where THEY (the Tesla reps) noticed the issue even if the owner had not yet reported it.

The rep indicated it takes about 2 1/2 to 3 hours and indicated that my car SHOULD be ready today (albeit late I assume).

No loaner for me today - Uber credit instead (note: I've had a mix of Tesla loaners, Chevy rentals and now Uber over the years). They did send me an automated text early today before the appointment to indicate they were unlikely to have a loaner and would provide the Uber credit (up to $100/day...does not cover tips). For me, the Uber credit is basically fine and worked seamlessly to get me home from the service center.

For all the grief Tesla service gets, I have generally been WAAAY happier with them over the last three years than any other dealer repair shop I have experienced in my life.

Will report back on the results of course!

If you can take a picture of the box - it might help future owners reproduce the device. Tesla says they’ll charge for it out of warranty. The box is likely just some UV lights and a heat sink. We’d need to know the wave length and intensity of the light to reproduce it.

What a joke, if this magic UV machine is their long term solution why aren't they churning out a couple of hundred of these things?
Call me sceptical but surely it is nothing more than a mounting frame with some UV lights and a power supply...not rocket science.
Agree....it is a joke...whats the machines cost? how many do they have? some say its no permanent fix- just replace the screen/glue/mcu ect....this is a joke!

No. Different part number reference to C. The pictured part number is the manufacturer's part number and revision. You're referencing Tesla's part number, which is 1084333-00-C. The prior tesla part number was 1015898-00-A. Those part numbers are not in the pictures. However, they do correspond to the manufacturer's part numbers shown in the picture.

Just to update, per the invoice I requested, the Tesla part number installed was 1084333-00-C

• Informative
I just dropped my Model S off at the Dallas service center this morning for the "UV Repair". They have a one machine and TWO other Teslas are ahead of me in line to get it done today.
A Model X was getting the treatment when I pulled in and I actually got a glimpse of the machine. It looked like a red box about 2 or 3" thick and the same size as the 17" screen, attached to the face of the screen. The rep indicated they had done a lot of them and were even doing this pro-actively on cars that were in for other issues, where THEY (the Tesla reps) noticed the issue even if the owner had not yet reported it.

The rep indicated it takes about 2 1/2 to 3 hours and indicated that my car SHOULD be ready today (albeit late I assume).

No loaner for me today - Uber credit instead (note: I've had a mix of Tesla loaners, Chevy rentals and now Uber over the years). They did send me an automated text early today before the appointment to indicate they were unlikely to have a loaner and would provide the Uber credit (up to $100/day...does not cover tips). For me, the Uber credit is basically fine and worked seamlessly to get me home from the service center.

For all the grief Tesla service gets, I have generally been WAAAY happier with them over the last three years than any other dealer repair shop I have experienced in my life.

Will report back on the results of course!

Just a quick update, seems as though one of the cars ahead of me took longer than planned and they either didn't get to mine or it isn't finished. It is SUPPOSED to be ready today (note: they are open today due to the end of quarter delivery rush). More to come...