Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yellow screen? Force Tesla to Replace it!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For folks in the Seattle area...I had an appointment to do the UV fix but the tool at the Bellevue service is now broken. Of course no ETA. I reported the yellowing on the ICU display too. It appears I am the first one! Checking into it they know message to all that a tool to fix the ICU is also into making! Again, no ETA. BUT folks go and report the issue!! Take a flashlight and look at your ICU. You can clearly see it when sun shines from behind or sideway into the screen or with a flashlight.

Got my yellow fixed yesterday! They even showed me “the tool” working on another car, briefly. I have to say, my screen looks as good as new.

UV fix was applied yesterday and the screen looks as good as new. We'll see if it holds up. Fingers crossed.

Unfortunately, the user experience history on TMC indicates that the UV treatment has been a temporary fix... YMMV

Bringing my car in for the second time for this. Had it happen last year as well. Hoping this time the yellow doesn't come back. Interesting last time they came out and fixed the car and this time I have to bring it in... Must be doing something different that I have to bring the car in for the repair.

I did the UV fix. It just mitigated the problem. I still have some yellow banding.

I did receive an email from Tesla saying they would replace the screen if it can’t be fully fixed by the UV tool, so I may let them try one more time, and if that doesn’t work, ask for a replacement.

BTW, the reason they reached out to me via email was because I have a pending arbitration against them upcoming and they want me to cancel it.

The two issues mentioned in this thread (MCU / eMMC chip and screen yellow) have me at the point of cancelling my order. I agree that some minor display issue is not the end of the world, especially if the function of the screen is not effected. But the attitude of hiding behind highly tricky - even devious & misleading - warranty clauses, that by must any interpretation give Tesla what at first site looks like good grounds to wriggle out of almost any claim, is completely unacceptable.

When viewed in conjunction with the eMMC issue (that effectively builds in statistically very predictable obselessence) and the dishonest practice of charging 2500 - 5000 to replace a huge module just because of the failure of a $1 chip that's abused by the application design - is so wrong. How can you trust a business that behaves like that in return for such a loyal following amongst many of its clients?

The two issues mentioned in this thread (MCU / eMMC chip and screen yellow) have me at the point of cancelling my order. I agree that some minor display issue is not the end of the world, especially if the function of the screen is not effected. But the attitude of hiding behind highly tricky - even devious & misleading - warranty clauses, that by must any interpretation give Tesla what at first site looks like good grounds to wriggle out of almost any claim, is completely unacceptable.

When viewed in conjunction with the eMMC issue (that effectively builds in statistically very predictable obselessence) and the dishonest practice of charging 2500 - 5000 to replace a huge module just because of the failure of a $1 chip that's abused by the application design - is so wrong. How can you trust a business that behaves like that in return for such a loyal following amongst many of its clients?

Obviously I can't speak for everyone here, but I've had my share of issues with my 2017 Model S and Tesla always offered a solution. What you see in these threads online is only the "bad". The service will certainly get better over time. However, I think the lack of proper communication from Tesla on these matters is why people are upset.

Tesla is offering a solution for the yellow screens, but not a timely manner, and as stated above the communication is sparse. Because I love my car so much, I'm willing to give them some extra time to get my issues sorted out. Understandably, this is not an acceptable level of service for everyone.

Just get a model 3. None of these issues affect it.

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
Obviously I can't speak for everyone here, but I've had my share of issues with my 2017 Model S and Tesla always offered a solution. What you see in these threads online is only the "bad". The service will certainly get better over time. However, I think the lack of proper communication from Tesla on these matters is why people are upset.

Tesla is offering a solution for the yellow screens, but not a timely manner, and as stated above the communication is sparse. Because I love my car so much, I'm willing to give them some extra time to get my issues sorted out. Understandably, this is not an acceptable level of service for everyone.
Agree with you - I'm in the same boat. My yellow screen has been around for over a year now and Service said to me yesterday that they have ordered the UV unit but not sure when it's coming... Frustrating but it's such a great car that I put up with it.

I reported my yellow scree last week for the first time via the app. They told me it would be a few months before the fix would be ready.

I complained and they called me back with an appointment for next Monday
teslatext.png
to repair it. So it may be coming soon.