TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Yellow triangle on the energy graph?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Altes, Dec 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Altes

Altes Member

Occasionally I will get a yellow triangle warning (?) just on the left of the energy graph. I notice it after hard acceleration but i do not think its traction control related as i have had it show up during freeway speed accelarations. Manual makes no mention that I could find

2. silentsnow31802

This has been discussed a few times and people say its some form of power limit due to battery temperature or some form of battery management. I do not believe is true personally. There has to be a difference between the triangle and the dotted line.

If you have a performance model try putting the work performance into your little T at the top of your screen and limit your power to a lesser model. My car will also display this triangle when I make it simulate a lower model.

Next time I get a chance ill find a firmware guy at work and ask since you know... they designed it and all.

3. fasteddie7

fasteddie7 Member

Is it on the top or the bottom? I've noticed that when I run low on battery in the cold and accelerate quickly it appears on the top. Might be some warning that top performance is limited as to not get stranded. The bottom occurs when I first get in and the temperature is cold but it goes away after a few moments.

4. Altes

Altes Member

No it's at top left of energy graph

5. fasteddie7

fasteddie7 Member

I've only ever seen it at the top when I accelerate quickly when it's cold and my battery capacity is on the low side. Once it gets low it starts limiting performance on the top end of the graph. Once you hit zero you'll see the dotted lines at the top limiting your speed until you charge or run out. This may help as well:

Energy graph warning symbol?