Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yellowing of the Dash/Binnacle Display Fix???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone

2018 MX 100D

I'm starting to get yellowing around the dash/binnacle display and the SC is saying they will not replace it and they still do not have the UV tool to cure it like they do for the middle screen. Anyone have this repaired? Its been over a year and they still don't have the fix.....just tells me it's not priority.

Thanks!!!

What does the yellowing look like? I’ve heard folks say it happens but not sure what they mean.

Not the best photo but you can see the top has a yellow band around it. The center screen usually gets it worse.

Attachments

• IMG_20200614_204951.jpg
    IMG_20200614_204951.jpg
    341.1 KB · Views: 155
  • Informative
Reactions: tpduke112
Ours is a distinct yellow boarder around center screen. The screen in front of driver seems unaffected. They replaced couple years ago, new one worse. Don’t think will replace again, told me a fix coming but I’m hoping if I go for mcu2, I’ll get a new screen

Both of my screens have been yellow banding for awhile now and I don't have any plans to complain about it unless it gets to the point where it impairs the ability to read the information on the screen. I don't like it but I have found that when I take my car to Tesla service it almost always comes back worse than when it went in...

Jeff