Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yes, a Mountain Bike fits in a Model 3!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My full suspension mountain bike fits no problem. The front wheel can go in the well or on top of the bike. If I could have compressed the front shock, it would have fit in without taking off the front wheel. The well is perfect for your helmet, hydration-pack and shoes. There is probably enough room for two bikes. :D
CeeI9ymFRGe8aNUf2VxGOg.jpg
w7Kniy3DTtGEW%uQGlDdiA.jpg

I originally used the cardboard just to keep the car clean, but then realized that it allowed me to slide the bike in without needing another person to lift the back wheel and/or muscle it in. Low tech, but effective!
I will have the cargo mat covering the wheel well. Would rather not remove it when I need to take my road bike.
Do you think that will be a problem or will it just be a matter of repositioning the bike?

My full suspension mountain bike fits no problem. The front wheel can go in the well or on top of the bike. If I could have compressed the front shock, it would have fit in without taking off the front wheel. The well is perfect for your helmet, hydration-pack and shoes. There is probably enough room for two bikes. :DView attachment 280890 View attachment 280892
Edmunds has a Model 3 in the long term test fleet now and one of the first things they posted about was whether a mt bike fit.

• Informative
  • Disagree
Reactions: Troy and jim3cantos
29er? What frame size?
I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a hitch rack but it's nice to know it will fit.
I'm interested in a hitch for my M3 as well. I live in NC, so if someone is close to Tempe AZ, you can get a free hitch at the U-Haul.
Tesla Model 3 Long Range Rear Wheel Drive

Your vehicle requires a custom-built hitch
Custom-built hitch
If U-Haul doesn't have a hitch for your vehicle, nobody does!

Your vehicle requires a custom-built hitch which we will gladly fabricate for you. If you are able to bring your vehicle to our Tempe, AZ Research & Development facility we'll provide you with a free U-Haul custom trailer hitch, including free installation, and a lifetime unlimited warranty in exchange for the use of your vehicle to fabricate the trailer hitch. We'll need the vehicle for two to three days. If you are interested in this offer please complete the form below and we'll contact you to schedule your appointment. This offer is only valid until one customer per vehicle can fulfill our requirements.