Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yes!!! Enhanced summon is on its way.....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sure someone injured by advanced summon would sue BOTH Tesla and the cars owner. The cars owner's insurance might just pay out the coverage limit (if it's low enough not to be worth fighting) and then the plaintiff will go after the owner and Tesla for the remainder.

Again and Again.

Who cares about a suit?

Its all about winning a lawsuit. Sue all you want...you won't win your suit.

I do agree with you for the most part.

My only concern is some of the languages insurance companies have added where they specifically say they won't cover it if the self-driving mode was engaged.

Now I don't believe enhanced summons falls under this, but I could see a insurance companies try to weasel out of it.

I have NEVER seen a statement like "they won't cover it if the self-driving mode was engaged".

Even the unfortunate incident that occurred when the gentlemen was killed with autopilot engaged - his insurance replaced the car.
His insurance company didn't go after Tesla because they gentlemen didn't respond to Autopilot as it was suggested when he clicked the button that he would.

I have NEVER seen a statement like "they won't cover it if the self-driving mode was engaged".

Even the unfortunate incident that occurred when the gentlemen was killed with autopilot engaged - his insurance replaced the car.
His insurance company didn't go after Tesla because they gentlemen didn't respond to Autopilot as it was suggested when he clicked the button that he would.

I was referring to some recent Insurance Company policy changes.

I'll try to google it. It happened a few months ago, but google failed me the first time in searching for it.

Your car is insured. Period.

It does not matter who's fault it is.

This is factually wrong. Period.

There are many different types of auto insurance.

The only one legally required in most states is liability- They pay for OTHER peoples cars/injuries (and only if it's YOUR fault in fault states). Not YOUR car or injuries.

So no, your insurance company would NOT fix your car if you only have liability coverage. Which again is generally the only coverage legally required.

There is no such thing as an insurance company saying - "You are only covered if its not your fault".

That is literally what they will tell you about covering your own car if you have a liability only policy (and then they'll tell you if it's NOT your fault you need to call the OTHER guys insurance company to get paid)

Auto Liability Insurance: What Is It And How Much Do You Need? - Cover

Liability insurance covers the costs of injuries and damage you could do to other people and their property when driving. However, this doesn’t cover the driver or the driver’s property.

The insurance that covers YOUR car (especially if it's YOUR fault) is called collision. The insurance that covers your car for things like fire/theft/glass damage is called comprehensive. There's also separate coverage for uninsured drivers. And for medical payments. These are all separate parts/types of car insurance- and none of them are required generally.

(disclaimer- if you have a loan on your car, the leinholder likely DOES require full coverage while they hold the title to protect their interests)

My guess though is that HW3 will be required to get enhanced summon to operate at anything faster than a snail's pace.

That demo had me thinking... does the car prefer forward or reverse? Sure looked like reverse was preferred. I'd imagine the rear view is pretty good too but backward up a street? Wow. And seemed to have trouble in the driveway, even pulled forward for a bit I think.

Maybe Beta for a while longer...

The firmware versions seem to have three different branches: one for Model X, one for Model S and one for the Model 3.

The features activated in each branch are not identical. There is a list somewhere in the Model S forum of all the firmware updates by version number..