Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yes!!! Enhanced summon is on its way.....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do think Advanced Summon will be an improvement over the current Summon. Right now, current summon just moves your car forward or backwards a little bit. Sure, that's nice if you need to move your car out of a tight spot but that's it. Hopefully, with advanced summon, it will be a bit more useful since the car will be able to also steer left and right to come to you. So I could see a situation where you are parked near the entrance of a store and it is pouring rain. Advanced Summon might work to bring the car closer to you which the old summon would not be able to do. But I have no illusions. This first version of Advanced Summon will not be "drop you off and go find a parking lot on its own". However, I do think it lays the groundwork to eventually become that in the future.
Summon and Enhanced summon will be very useful to handicap people or people with kids who don't want their kids dinging other people's cars. I have used summon for tight spots at a theme park with no spots left to choose from, I've used it to avoid a giant puddle and still park the only place left to park, and a lot of times so my kids don't ding others cars because the 3's back doors are kind of long. I am sooo excited by this enhancements, summon is one of the main reasons I wanted EAP. It's also a really fun party trick, but I believe it will help out handicap people the most, and lots of handicap people drive.

I am always mindful not to summon and then block other drivers because my car is half in the middle of the lane, I make sure no one is around and a scoot in real quick. Thats how I got a very nice spot at target the other day and avoided scratching my doors on the bushes.

ok well you asked a question and i gave you the answer. people are annoyed because it's not ready for real world.

'give it time' is not the answer. they should have not released this until it was actually usable.

Nooo, don't say that. I am so very happy to play with this. Can we please trust adults who own m3's not to be a55 hats and do it crowded places? Prob not all the time but a55 hats do stupid things in a Tesla or not in a Tesla.

Reactions: M109Rider
Nooo, don't say that. I am so very happy to play with this. Can we please trust adults who own m3's not to be a55 hats and do it crowded places? Prob not all the time but a55 hats do stupid things in a Tesla or not in a Tesla.

Um, can we trust Model S owners not to fall asleep behind the wheel while in Autopilot mode being recorded by someone who can’t wait to put it on YouTube for everyone to watch?

This is why these videos should not have been released. Its in violation of the NDA you sign to be with the EAP. The point of the program is to work out the kinks and make it better BEFORE going to the masses. Per usual, a beta release is being responded to as if its mass dissemination. Its still in testing folks. It will get better over time.

This is why these videos should not have been released. Its in violation of the NDA you sign to be with the EAP. The point of the program is to work out the kinks and make it better BEFORE going to the masses. Per usual, a beta release is being responded to as if its mass dissemination. Its still in testing folks. It will get better over time.

I agree with you, but I'm not sure if it's being limited to only EAP people.

According to TeslaFI it's on 1.5% of the fleet of Model 3's within the TeslaFI Model 3 fleet.

That seems awful high for a very limited access program like EAP.

I could be wrong because it's been said that 2019.9 is limited to only EAP people. Maybe they're are just a lot of EAP people on TeslaFI.

• Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod
I agree with you, but I'm not sure if it's being limited to only EAP people.

According to TeslaFI it's on 1.5% of the fleet of Model 3's within the TeslaFI Model 3 fleet.

That seems awful high for a very limited access program like EAP.

I could be wrong because it's been said that 2019.9 is limited to only EAP people. Maybe they're are just a lot of EAP people on TeslaFI.

I was thinking the same thing. That would be a lot of people at risk to being removed from the program. Ive seen on reddit that folks that are not EAP have gotten the 2019.9 release.....

I stand by its still Beta though. Patience is a virtue.

Reactions: 1375mlm

Elon musk has been liking videos of it on twitter, so I doubt he is upset about them being shared.