Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

YES Roadster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TEG

Teslafanatic
Aug 20, 2006
Sortof interesting looking:

yes3206_03.jpg

yes3206_04.jpg

Um, well... The YES Roadster is a low volume, high performance (0-60=3.6) Roadster much like the Tesla Roadster.
Someone who isn't fixated on electric power might consider it as an alternative or competitor to the Tesla Roadster someday.
I put the posting in the "General Discussion" area of the Roadster Discussion because this car could be of interest to Roadster buyers, but probably not Whitestar or other models.

Should I have posted this in the "Off Topic" forum? The whole site is the "Tesla Motors Club" so does that mean that every post has to be directly about a Tesla vehicle?

This particular forum section (Tesla Roadster \ General Discussion ) includes other semi off topic posts like:

Jay Leno Fears EVs
My experience with a Lotus Elise (Tesla distances themselves from the Elise)
The Burden of History

Sorry, I don't want to harras you, it was just a reminder :)

But, when we are at it:

>> Jay Leno Fears EVs

Jay Leno has a name, so his view about EVs and Tesla Roadster is "important".

>> My experience with a Lotus Elise (Tesla distances themselves from the Elise)

Discussions went along the line of Lotus quality and how it relates to TR quality.

>> The Burden of History

Hmm, this one is ... well, at least it was obout EVs :)

Maybe we need another section, something along the lines of "Tesla Roadster rivals" or at least a topic change?

Someone who isn't fixated on electric power might consider it as an alternative or competitor to the Tesla Roadster someday.
I put the posting in the "General Discussion" area of the Roadster Discussion because this car could be of interest to Roadster buyers, but probably not Whitestar or other models.

This brings us to interesting question: Who buys Tesla Roadster? What does he want in a car? Why does he buy TR and not something else?

I am sure the answer is a complicated one and it will change with time. Many amazing cars are built every year but most of them are built as prototypes, collector items, limited series. You just cannot buy them with "normal" amount of money and they are not meant and enginered for everyday driving (no ABS in some supersport cars for example).

I am sure there is a wide range of demographics buying the Roadster.

There are the ultra-rich gotta have "one of everything" exotic customers.

The image conscious "This is the coolest green machine" to be seen in.

The speculative investor.

To me the most interesting are the ones who dreamed of a pure electric supercar who are now breaking into their personal bank (e.g.: 2nd mortgage on the house) to be part of the dream.

The problem is that the "YES Roadster" isn't electric. It is just another roadster with similar performance, & size and so someone who is shopping for a small high performance roadster might consider one or the other. Are we only supposed to discuss electric vehicles on TeslaMotorsClub.com?

TEG said:
The problem is that the "YES Roadster" isn't electric.  It is just another roadster with similar performance, & size and so someone who is shopping for a small high performance roadster might consider one or the other.  Are we only supposed to discuss electric vehicles on TeslaMotorsClub.com?

Whenever I have started a thread about non-electric cars, like my Esprit or the whole beautiful-ugly-funky cars thread, I have used the "off topic" area. I figured that was a good purpose for it.

I can move this thread there, I'm fairly inclined to. . . Who thinks I should? Show of hands, please!