TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

YES, you can buy a Tire Warranty for 21"....

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by texex91, Sep 25, 2013.

1. texex91

texex91 Banned

Was at the Tesla service center yesterday, and found out if you are a new owner (within 30 days) you can go to Discount Tire and they will sell you a tire warranty.

Just returned from there. Covers anything that damages the tire (pothole, nail, blowout, etc) for the life of the tire, if they can't fix it you get a new tire.

$230 for all four tires - 21" P+ Tires.

Replacement cost $549/ea just FYI.

They did have some less expensive alternatives as well that will fit + (can't remember brands).

Just passing along some good info...:cool:

2. DIL

DIL Supporting Member

3. JPP

JPP Active Member

I was able to go to my local Wheel Works and buy a tire warranty on my 19" Goodyears for about $160 for all 4. Lifetime flat repair/replacement. I'm happy.

4. tchaimd

tchaimd Member

Thank you for this info, I will look into it today. I recently had to replace a rear tire (sidewall damage from brushing against a curb at very low speed) at the Tesla service center. Cost was $820 for the tire ($720 + tax) + mounting.

5. texex91

texex91 Banned

6. tchaimd

tchaimd Member

BTW it is interesting that the Tesla service center never mentioned this to me......:confused:

- - - Updated - - -

Just called Discount Tire on Southwest Freeway in Houston, TX. Warranty for the 21 Michelins is $365.

7. texex91

texex91 Banned

Come to Austin--it's $230(for all four P+ 21" Sports) :wink:

8. D_McAllister

D_McAllister Member

Great, thanks for the info!