Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yesterday was a sad sad day….[curbed rim]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Day dreaming, taking to the kids on our little Christmas journey to see my parents and at a roundabout managed to kerb it (front and back) 😭😭😭

Anyone UK (LEEDS) know any awesome repair shop or come to you or know roughly cost!!

983503A5-C981-4BF4-8AA9-6DA8414ADC38.jpeg

4D6353E0-A89E-4CF9-B33A-FB3ABBAB373C.jpeg

Ahh, I feel your pain. Curbed mine at about 3 months ownership. I did my own with sand paper and touch up paint. You’d never know.

Your damage looks light enough for DIY, if you feel like it.

Good luck, ps not sure if it is the angle on the photo but the 20 inch wheels barely have a sidewall.

My mate who has 18's on his are getting his done at Tesla who is charging him £170 for the 1 wheel
Ouch!!
I did call Tesla first and the one in Leeds mentioned they do not do these repairs and so I asked if they recommended anyone and they said these guys do quite a bit for them.
I believe its just £75+VAT per wheel for the powder coating / diamond cutting etc..

Very reasonable priced vs what I thought I might have had to pay. That said I've not seen it finished yet - could be totally different colour wheels when I pick it up 😂

Erghhhh just when I thought it was all sorted. Now it’s actually daylight when I’m looking at the car it seems the repaired wheels are now lighter than the originals and the other side of the car FML

any good reason for this I.e they’ll get darker in time or have they f**ked it up 😔

Erghhhh just when I thought it was all sorted. Now it’s actually daylight when I’m looking at the car it seems the repaired wheels are now lighter than the originals and the other side of the car FML

any good reason for this I.e they’ll get darker in time or have they f**ked it up 😔
When I had 2 wheels repaired on my old car the repairer did say it’s better to have all 4 done as colour may vary. Easier to match if the do all 4. I had already sold the car to a dealer online but hadn’t declared the kerbing so just went with the 2, both on same side & rims different size with unidirectional tyres on so couldn’t tell any difference anyway.

When I had 2 wheels repaired on my old car the repairer did say it’s better to have all 4 done as colour may vary. Easier to match if the do all 4. I had already sold the car to a dealer online but hadn’t declared the kerbing so just went with the 2, both on same side & rims different size with unidirectional tyres on so couldn’t tell any difference anyway.

Hard to tell for those passing but knowing it’s different it a little annoying to be honest. Totally different dust caps too just to add all into the wound 🤦‍♂️

Easily fixed on the dust caps I know 👍

Attachments

• E852EA40-8DE0-4945-BCCB-81A49D738437.jpeg
    E852EA40-8DE0-4945-BCCB-81A49D738437.jpeg
    371.6 KB · Views: 36
Sounds like we wanted more business. Anybody good should be able to get a very close if not identical match - certainly shouldn’t be a need for more than the 2 on the same side done - as you say you can’t view all 4 at the same time to be able to spot a minor difference.

I feel you man. I was lol'ing when the wife curbed three. Then a month later I curbed the one clean wheel, rats! I blame Tesla for the stupid spoke design.
Yeah last car she did one of them followed by me a little while later. The M3 lasted less than 3 weeks of ownership before I did the rear nearside🤦🏼‍♂️. No way I could shift the blame, she hadn’t even been behind the wheel by that point😂