Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yesterday's delivery: alllllllmost perfect...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pickup went really well.

I've got one panel gap issue that may be within spec (Picture one the problem, picture 2, the opposite side for comparison). It's not bothering me so much, honestly.

My other nit is that the center console's door return slows about halfway down, and almost seems like it might stop, then speeds back up at the end right before it closes.

It all out seems like it may stop.Does anyone else have this issue?

Also, and obviously not an error, but my roof tinting seems to be quite a bit heavier than I remember on the test drive and in a couple of Model 3s that I've been in. Does anybody know if Tesla has been upping the tint on their roofs?

But other than that, this car looks great, drives great, and has been a blast.

I'm considering cancelling the service appointment because I don't want to be without a car for the day and who knows, maybe longer.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_7200.jpg
    IMG_7200.jpg
    601.9 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_7201.jpg
    IMG_7201.jpg
    695.7 KB · Views: 130
Reactions: Corndart
I would skip the adjustment of the panel gap because it doesn't look like anything that would bother me, and they might make it worse elsewhere, as the above poster mentioned. But I think the center console door should be looked at. It should be one smooth motion to close. Having it being a bit herky-jerky right off the bat might lead to it failing prematurely.

One of my headlights isn't 100% flush and there was a minor scratch on the rear plastic. Decided not to complain about it because I have heard some SCs can make things worse.

If it isn't major, I would just live with it. After a few months you won't really care.

One of my headlights isn't 100% flush and there was a minor scratch on the rear plastic. Decided not to complain about it because I have heard some SCs can make things worse.

If it isn't major, I would just live with it. After a few months you won't really care.
I think that's true for that panel gap, but the console door is a moving part that's not moving correctly.

I cancelled the service request in an attempt to just cancel the panel gap issue. I then re-requested the service and not only is it for a week earlier, but now they are coming to me instead.

Reactions: voxel
Pickup went really well.

I've got one panel gap issue that may be within spec (Picture one the problem, picture 2, the opposite side for comparison). It's not bothering me so much, honestly.

My other nit is that the center console's door return slows about halfway down, and almost seems like it might stop, then speeds back up at the end right before it closes.

It all out seems like it may stop.Does anyone else have this issue?

Also, and obviously not an error, but my roof tinting seems to be quite a bit heavier than I remember on the test drive and in a couple of Model 3s that I've been in. Does anybody know if Tesla has been upping the tint on their roofs?

But other than that, this car looks great, drives great, and has been a blast.

I'm considering cancelling the service appointment because I don't want to be without a car for the day and who knows, maybe longer.

Thoughts?
That’s their famous two words “within specs” I pointed the gap difference in a few places when I picked up my MYP and they told me that if I wanted them to be perfect I would have to pay..😲😡
What are their specs ? Seriously, after paying $75K one does wonder about their quality control and specs.
BTW that’s a big gap 🤷🏻‍♂️