Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

(Yet another) Code for Founder Series Model S for Kids by Radio Flyer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

gg_got_a_tesla

Model S: VIN 65513, Model 3: VIN 1913
Jan 29, 2010
Redwood Shores, CA
Thanks to a successful referral, got a code for a Founder Series (Radio Flyer) Model S for Kids whose list price is $499: Tesla Model S for Kids. Can't use it anymore given that my son's about to turn 11.

If anyone's interested, I can take payment via PayPal and send the redemption code to you by email or private message. You can customize and order it directly from Radio Flyer. Current status says that new orders for the car will ship in October.

Asking for $380. Thanks for your interest!

Thanks to a successful referral, got a code for a Founder Series (Radio Flyer) Model S for Kids whose list price is $499: Tesla Model S for Kids. Can't use it anymore given that my son's about to turn 11.

If anyone's interested, I can take payment via PayPal and send the redemption code to you by email or private message. You can customize and order it directly from Radio Flyer. Current status says that new orders for the car will ship in October.

Asking for $380. Thanks for your interest!

I'll take it. Sending you a PM.

Did this work out smoothly for you both? I've been awarded a code for one of these and also don't wish to take ownership of it and am willing to sell the code for $US 400, which I believe will enable somebody to pick the color and ship-to address. Is that how it went for you guys?

It's $499 plus tax and shipping so more like $600+ if you order online. It's also not the "founders" edition (woo hoo :/ ) or the larger battery. So I think $400 flat is a pretty good deal.
Good deal compared to completely overpriced... yeah, I agree. But in the end it is just a ride-a-long toy for a kid. Really this should be $200, but $300 for it being Tesla branded :)

Also to factor in, however, is that once you PayPal somebody for a code... there's really nothing saying you'll get something for that other than a code. There's really NOTHING stopping people from seeing the popularity and selling bogus codes.

Reactions: Cowby
Also to factor in, however, is that once you PayPal somebody for a code... there's really nothing saying you'll get something for that other than a code. There's really NOTHING stopping people from seeing the popularity and selling bogus codes.

Well, that's certainly true.. but I (for instance) have a pretty good reputation around here, which stands for something. It's not like I just created an account and have one post. That said, I do have two codes for sale for...wait for it.. $400. ;)

By the way, you can't put a price on "cool" which is what your kid will be cruising down the street in this thing.

i wish i knew a kid that was the right age... and that I liked enough to give them a $500 gift ROFLMAO

haha well how about this one?
20170909_112431.jpg
just sayin ;)

Well, that's certainly true.. but I (for instance) have a pretty good reputation around here, which stands for something. It's not like I just created an account and have one post.
Oh, for sure... I wasn't trying to imply any particular ad was untrustworthy, just to be careful.

By the way, you can't put a price on "cool" which is what your kid will be cruising down the street in this thing.
Yes I can :) My price is $350 lol

Did this work out smoothly for you both? I've been awarded a code for one of these and also don't wish to take ownership of it and am willing to sell the code for $US 400, which I believe will enable somebody to pick the color and ship-to address. Is that how it went for you guys?
Yes it was super smooth and that's exactly how it went for us. It took less than 5 minutes to send him the money via PayPal and he immediately emailed the code to me (including forwarding the email from Tesla for good measure). I placed the order immediately with Radio Flyer and, in less than 5 minutes, I had my kid's Christmas present.

Would I blindly send $400 to a brand new member who supposedly has a code? Nope. But most people who sell these codes are active on TMC and I felt confident sending the money to this member.

My two cents: this is the most efficient way to handle this transaction. Everyone wins - especially the kids! :)

P.S. - A few weeks after placing the order, Radio Flyer sent me an email with good news: my order had been updated to the new "Facelift" Model S kids.

I'm really confused as to why anyone would need to buy a code when you can just buy one from the site for $499? What does the code do?
The code is for purchasing a "free" Model S kids. Many of the people receiving these codes either don't need one or already have one. They can sell the code for cash. I spent $380 for the code and placed the order (with the code) from Radio Flyer. When you order with the code you don't pay shipping charges and you get a Founder's Edition license plate. I saved about $180 going this route as opposed to buying direct from Radio Flyer.

Yes it was super smooth and that's exactly how it went for us. It took less than 5 minutes to send him the money via PayPal and he immediately emailed the code to me (including forwarding the email from Tesla for good measure). I placed the order immediately with Radio Flyer and, in less than 5 minutes, I had my kid's Christmas present.

Would I blindly send $400 to a brand new member who supposedly has a code? Nope. But most people who sell these codes are active on TMC and I felt confident sending the money to this member.

My two cents: this is the most efficient way to handle this transaction. Everyone wins - especially the kids! :)

P.S. - A few weeks after placing the order, Radio Flyer sent me an email with good news: my order had been updated to the new "Facelift" Model S kids.

Thanks for the info... much appreciated! Cheers, Paul.