TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Yet another post about audio player problems

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by David29, Apr 5, 2018.

Tags:
  1. David29

David29 Supporting Member

I thought I had seen everything in terms of audio glitches. But yesterday I experienced one I had not seen before: The audio application displayed information (channel name, song title, artist, album name, and album art) for a different song from the one that I was hearing. Everything was different, even the channel name. I was listening to Slacker, and left the car for a few minutes. When I got back in a short time later, the same channel was playing as before (not sure if it paused the song or if the song changed), but an entirely different song from a different channel was displayed. The display was the same in the main screen and in the instrument cluster. When the song ended, and the next song started, the display changed to the correct one.

I am sure that I cannot be the only one to have had this experience, but I cannot recall reading about it on here.
    Anyone else think this is a new thing? Or have I just missed having a common problem?

I filed a bug report.

2. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

It may have just looped, and the display went ahead. Hard to say. Haven't seen that myself.

My question, is how did you file a bug report? I'd love to have a good way to do this that actually gets somewhere useful in a timely fashion.

3. nexusone

nexusone Member

use the voice command "submit bug report" followed by a description.

4. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

And once again I’ve been told that goes nowhere unless the car is in the SC and they are pulling logs. Love to get a definitive answer on this.

5. Exiom

Exiom Member

This happens quiet often in my car... but for FM radio.

My MCU would "glitch" / "mini-reboot" for a few seconds... causing the airbag light to come on like you would fully rebooting the MCU... however unlike a full reboot... audio/aircon/etc continues... then airbag light will turn off.

But after this... the audio section on the MCU would display AM but the audio is still the FM station I was listening to but no glitches in the audio output ever... or was so brief that I did not notice...

I am on 2018.6.1 641efac however problem has been present for me since 2017.50.2 3bd9f6d or earlier...

• Informative x 1
  6. selfbp

selfbp Member

I’ve gotten the same the same issue. Also has anyone noticed the Equalizer macimum settings have been reduced to 8 now? (Sorry if that’s already been covered I’ve been inactive lately)

• Informative x 2
  7. Max Headroom

Max Headroom Member

Yes, and audio quality has been significantly degraded at the same time. Happened on the 10.4 release.

• Informative x 1
  8. scottm

scottm Version 9 software sufferer

Maybe the new speedy UI improvements on old MCUs has to get its cycles from somewhere doesn't it? Audio suffers.

• Informative x 1
  9. Max Headroom

Max Headroom Member

Except those improvements aren't until release 12. Let's hope they fix the audio in an update to release 12!

10. Tamar

Tamar Member

Is anyone going to report this as a bug? (besides me?)

11. David29

David29 Supporting Member

I did, but I have serious reservations about how effective that is. In the first place, I usually have to dictate the "bug" text 3 or 4 times for the system to recognize more than half of what i say.

12. Tamar

Tamar Member

I called the 800 number and made sure it wasn't a "mistake". Then called the local service center and did the same and they were able to see that we'd already reported it.

13. Sawyer8888

Sawyer8888 Member

Two or three times in the past couple of months I've had the wrong art displayed for the song that was playing via Slacker.

This behavior is not nearly as annoying as the loading errors, which fortunately are much less frequent now.

I have not reported the artwork discrepancies primarily due to the low impact.

14. Max Headroom

Max Headroom Member

You bet. I reported it via the "bug report" system immediately, but also have a list of related 10.4 issues being investigated by the local Service Centre. If they or a new SW release solves it, I'll post here ...

15. Max Headroom

Max Headroom Member

I was on a call today with a Tech who has fielded many concerns regarding the lower db range of the new equalizer from 10.4 . The story is that there is a link between the audio SW/Firmware on the Model S and the Model 3 and that this change has to do with the software stream associate to both vehicles. The Model 3's db range goes to 8 ... Long story short, the are working on a fix and that part is the good news. I'm sure we'll have our audio experience back in the not too distant future. I for one am happy to be patient with Tesla.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  16. Corsair

Corsair Member

My does the random cello pluck sound since the upgrade to 10.4 -> 14.2. It was present in my previous MS ... I guess the 70D ghost is haunting me...

17. Markk993

Markk993 Member

My car has a intermittent XM issue... if you are on channel 125 and push the down arrow it goes to a random number like channel 45... go back to 125 and push the down arrow again and it goes to another random number like 79...

Had a SC tech witness it first hand, have video of it, have had it escalated up to Fremont... they decided to change out the radio module, which they did and then they immediately called me to tell me that it still is not fixed... been going on 9 months and still no resolution. Like I said it is an intermittent problem so it doesn't effect me very often but no one can seem to solve this one..

At this point I think they should just give me a new P100D and we can call it even

• Funny x 1
  18. Max Headroom

Max Headroom Member

Yay! This was fixed in 2018.20 . Good to have the great sound back ...