Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yet Another Update Question.. 2020.32 and up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve had my 17 MS for about 6 months and the only update I’ve ever received was 2020.24.6, they called me about 2 weeks after pick-up for FSD install which was done.. However despite my best efforts I’ve not been able to get MCU2 upgrade due to lack of parts.

I’ve read a few posts where MCU1/HW3.0 have had issues with FSD install but so for it’s been great for me.. I got dash cam actual sentry mode, my web browser actually works and a few other things that worked after install.. My only issue seems to be my update cycle I read a few posts basically saying it will come when it comes but it seems like there’s a new update every week.. configuration, location, etc I know are all factors but I’ve seen a few mcu1/hw3.0 posters showing they’ve gotten the update to 2020.36.. I’ve also checked TeslaFi and a few other sites but To make a long story short..

How long should I wait before assuming that I have an issue.. And are there any tips & tricks to ensure that I get the update.? Besides upgrading to MCU2..

Currently downloading 2020.36.11... Guess patience was all I needed, thanks for overwhelming response..

For anyone wondering, my issue was that at home and work my car was connected to very weak WiFi signals, it showed that it had full signal bars, but a Speedtest showed that the data was slow guess the distance from the router or the construction of my home..

So I forgot all the networks so the car would remain on LTE at all times and in a few hours I got the notification of the update.. Not sure if it has anything to do with it, but I’ve tried numerous things over the weeks.. Could all be a coincidence..

I thought it would only download updates on wifi, so that's interesting.

Congrats on the update?
They are sometimes a blessing and sometimes a curse.

Well after being notified of the update on LTE; I had to connect to WiFi in order to download it ... but the notification of an available update happened via LTE versus my shotty WiFi.. I even used my phones hotspot to download.