Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

yet another wireless charging mod

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally had some time to make a diy wireless charging. Tried a few different coils…raw/parts and just found them to be bulky for my mod. I did end up using what everyone has been using. These are incredibly thin 3.5mm and is corded to boot.

https://www.amazon.com/Ultra-thin-W...rd_wg=AlngD&psc=1&refRID=TFK9NT9771R68HGYP01A

Grabbed some 3mm neoprene and veneer that closely matches the m3 wood trim. Fired up the laser cutter and couple hours later, I had my dual wireless charger. Nothing fancy, but I thing it looks decent.

20180522_082318.jpg
20180522_082214.jpg

Attachments

• 20180521_213920.jpg
    20180521_213920.jpg
    431.1 KB · Views: 53
looks really good but unfortunately your phones will be sliding around and lose the wireless charge connection unless you have a heavier phone with a rubber case on it; especially if theres only 1 phone on it.

This was the case when I modded the included rubber pad with a wireless coil on the back

IF you do use a case on your phone, I suggest sticking 4 small, thin neodymium magnets in the case and on the back of the wood panel. It will let the phone snap into place and not move around.

This is what I did way back when with the s7 + wireless charging pad for my car:

I modded a wireless pad with magnets to create a magnetic wireless charging dock - Post #0

• Helpful
Reactions: israndy