TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Yikes! Ordered this week and my P85 is arriving in 3 or 4 days!

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Rockster, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

#1 Rockster, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
    After a few days of deliberation (see thread with fantastic feedback from forum members), I just pulled the trigger on an inventory P85 that will be arriving in Dallas from Palo Alto early next week!

At this moment I'm simultaneously
    • thrilled that I've gone from "let's get a Tesla" to "the car will be here next week" in a mere seven days
    • envious of those who have weeks or months to prepare for the arrival of their new S

The next few days will be a firestorm of electrical installation (we're probably going to go with a NEMA 14-50 for now and hold off on the HPWC), garage cleaning, ordering everything on my Amazon "Tesla" wish list, and obsessing compulsively. Not to mention a great deal of "Holy s___! I just paid more for a car than I've ever paid in my life!"

Details:

P85, MC Red, Black Roof, 21" Grey Wheels, Carbon Fiber Spoiler, Tan Performance Interior, Carbon Fiber Decor, Twin Chargers, Tech Package, Ultra High Fidelity Sound, Smart Air Suspension, Parcel Shelf. ODO: 4,500 mi

p.s. I must echo the very positive feedback on Alliant CU for a car loan. The process of setting up an Alliant membership was a bit annoying and lengthy due to some documents that the membership department misplaced, but once the membership was in place, I applied and was approved for the loan in less than 30 minutes. Scott Paulson at Alliant is The Man! And 1.49% is an unbelievable rate!

p.p.s. My wife vetoed my idea for a personalized plate. She thought "FU OPEC" might be a little unprofessional to some of her clients...

2. carrerascott

carrerascott FUEL FTR

Awesome. You think you're excited now, wait till you press down on that accelerator. All the way down. ;)

We're nearing 12,000 miles on ours, we we were out of the country for a month in June...so could be higher.

Have fun! Post pics!

3. ausdma

ausdma Member

Wow. Enjoy the moments!

4. NuclearPowered

You got a great deal on that loaner. Enjoy it.

5. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

Congrats! I looked at that one since it's so similar to what I wanted! I decided against the leather and air so had to rule it out, (that and I think the wife needs the parking sensors), but it's a great deal. If I recall, it was in great shape.

6. Zextraterrestrial

FU OPEC will probably get banned from the DMV anyways... I thought about it but didn't want to get keyed by a gasaholic :tongue:

you left out the price ;>

7. professionalr

professionalr Member

which alliant credit union is it? alliantcu.com or alliantcreditunion.org?

8. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

The latter.

9. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

$97,488

10. No Tailpipe

No Tailpipe Member

Follow-up question - Could you still apply for the tax credit or is the vehicle with 4,500 miles now considered "used" and not new?

11. elecblue

elecblue Member

Singapore (for next 2 years) previously Chicago, I
    That's the best idea for a personalized plate the that I've seen in a while! LOL!

12. Joel

Joel Active Member

Congrats! What is the VIN?

13. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

Mileage doesn't matter. "New" is determined by titling. If you're the first person to title the car, no matter how many miles are on it, it's "new." From what I could tell from the loaner fleet at the Santana Row store, they carried no plates, which likely means Tesla isn't titling them in the company name while they're loaners. Dealers never do (hence Dealer Plates), but since Tesla isn't technically a dealer I don't know if there's some additional nuance there.

In summary, yes, very likely qualifies for the credit.

14. Sunnyday

Sunnyday Member

If you don't mind, would you summarize the items on your Amazon wishlist of Tesla accessories? thx

15. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

Amazon wish list thus far:

Gilmour-95QGFMR-Foamaster-Cleaning-Sprayer
    Kingston-Digital-64GB-DataTraveler
    Sunshade-Tesla-Heatshield-Windshield-Custom
    Leatherique-Rejuvenator-Oil-16-oz
    Leatherique-Restoration-Products-Prestine-Clean
    Stoner-92164-Invisible-Windshield-Cleaner
    Meguiars-X3002-Microfiber-Wash-Mitt
    The-Grit-Guard-Insert-Red
    Chemical-Guys-CWS_402-Super-Shampoo
    COSMOS-Lanyard-Electronic-Devices (for the teenie thumb drive)
    Camco-55195-Extension-PowerGrip-Handle