Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yikes! Ordered this week and my P85 is arriving in 3 or 4 days!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After a few days of deliberation (see thread with fantastic feedback from forum members), I just pulled the trigger on an inventory P85 that will be arriving in Dallas from Palo Alto early next week!

At this moment I'm simultaneously
  • thrilled that I've gone from "let's get a Tesla" to "the car will be here next week" in a mere seven days
  • envious of those who have weeks or months to prepare for the arrival of their new S

The next few days will be a firestorm of electrical installation (we're probably going to go with a NEMA 14-50 for now and hold off on the HPWC), garage cleaning, ordering everything on my Amazon "Tesla" wish list, and obsessing compulsively. Not to mention a great deal of "Holy s___! I just paid more for a car than I've ever paid in my life!"

Details:

P85, MC Red, Black Roof, 21" Grey Wheels, Carbon Fiber Spoiler, Tan Performance Interior, Carbon Fiber Decor, Twin Chargers, Tech Package, Ultra High Fidelity Sound, Smart Air Suspension, Parcel Shelf. ODO: 4,500 mi

p.s. I must echo the very positive feedback on Alliant CU for a car loan. The process of setting up an Alliant membership was a bit annoying and lengthy due to some documents that the membership department misplaced, but once the membership was in place, I applied and was approved for the loan in less than 30 minutes. Scott Paulson at Alliant is The Man! And 1.49% is an unbelievable rate!

p.p.s. My wife vetoed my idea for a personalized plate. She thought "FU OPEC" might be a little unprofessional to some of her clients...

Last edited:
Congrats! I looked at that one since it's so similar to what I wanted! I decided against the leather and air so had to rule it out, (that and I think the wife needs the parking sensors), but it's a great deal. If I recall, it was in great shape.

which alliant credit union is it? alliantcu.com or alliantcreditunion.org?
p.s. I must echo the very positive feedback on Alliant CU for a car loan. The process of setting up an Alliant membership was a bit annoying and lengthy due to some documents that the membership department misplaced, but once the membership was in place, I applied and was approved for the loan in less than 30 minutes. Scott Paulson at Alliant is The Man! And 1.49% is an unbelievable rate!

After a few days of deliberation (see thread with fantastic feedback from forum members), I just pulled the trigger on an inventory P85 that will be arriving in Dallas from Palo Alto early next week!

• thrilled that I've gone from "let's get a Tesla" to "the car will be here next week" in a mere seven days
  • envious of those who have weeks or months to prepare for the arrival of their new S

The next few days will be a firestorm of electrical installation (we're probably going to go with a NEMA 14-50 for now and hold off on the HPWC), garage cleaning, ordering everything on my Amazon "Tesla" wish list, and obsessing compulsively. Not to mention a great deal of "Holy s___! I just paid more for a car than I've ever paid in my life!"

Details:

P85, MC Red, Black Roof, 21" Grey Wheels, Carbon Fiber Spoiler, Tan Performance Interior, Carbon Fiber Decor, Twin Chargers, Tech Package, Ultra High Fidelity Sound, Smart Air Suspension, Parcel Shelf. ODO: 4,500 mi

p.p.s. My wife vetoed my idea for a personalized plate. She thought "FU OPEC" might be a little unprofessional to some of her clients...

Follow-up question - Could you still apply for the tax credit or is the vehicle with 4,500 miles now considered "used" and not new?

Details:

Congrats! What is the VIN?

Follow-up question - Could you still apply for the tax credit or is the vehicle with 4,500 miles now considered "used" and not new?
Mileage doesn't matter. "New" is determined by titling. If you're the first person to title the car, no matter how many miles are on it, it's "new." From what I could tell from the loaner fleet at the Santana Row store, they carried no plates, which likely means Tesla isn't titling them in the company name while they're loaners. Dealers never do (hence Dealer Plates), but since Tesla isn't technically a dealer I don't know if there's some additional nuance there.

In summary, yes, very likely qualifies for the credit.

Amazon wish list thus far:

Gilmour-95QGFMR-Foamaster-Cleaning-Sprayer
Kingston-Digital-64GB-DataTraveler
Sunshade-Tesla-Heatshield-Windshield-Custom
Leatherique-Rejuvenator-Oil-16-oz
Leatherique-Restoration-Products-Prestine-Clean
Stoner-92164-Invisible-Windshield-Cleaner
Meguiars-X3002-Microfiber-Wash-Mitt
The-Grit-Guard-Insert-Red
Chemical-Guys-CWS_402-Super-Shampoo
COSMOS-Lanyard-Electronic-Devices (for the teenie thumb drive)
Camco-55195-Extension-PowerGrip-Handle