TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Yikes!! Plastic/rubber (?) piece broke off of my charge port!

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Mrcook4590, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Mrcook4590

Mrcook4590 Member

Has anyone heard of this or had it happen to you? We only discovered it because my husband’s S wouldn’t hook up to our charger properly. One of the hard pieces of rubber or plastic that surrounds the charging prongs on my car has broken off into our home charger. Since my car will still charge, the ranger is coming out on Monday. We cannot get the piece out of the actual charger, but I’m hoping the ranger can. (Yes, we killed power to the charger).

upload_2018-6-27_22-57-51.jpeg

upload_2018-6-27_22-58-29.jpeg

2. silentsnow31802

I used a very small drill bit to drill two holes into the plastic piece stuck into the charger. I put the two holes 180 degrees away from each other. I then used a couple pick tools to pry it out. Was fiddly but worked. This was one a charger I got as "Not working" but turns out it was just that plastic piece stuck in it not allowing it to be inserted fully into the car.

3. wallstguy

wallstguy Member

Call Tesla, its a common problem (I see one of the black pieces missing on a lot of Tesla's plugging in at superchargers). Happened to me as well, they replaced both my HPWC and the charger port under warranty.

• Like x 1