Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

YMMV in Kilometers?

Mishakim

Apr 4, 2016
Boston, MA
For the second question, people who use kilometers tend to use liters/100 km, rather than distance-per-volume, and use the general term "consumption" for that ratio. Applying that to the first question would be YCMV, which is unit-agnostic, but googling "your consumption may vary" returns results using the "mileage" version, so I'm going to say no-one uses that.

• Informative
Reactions: gavine

f-stop

Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver BC, Canada
People use the term "Your Mileage May Vary" (YMMV). How do you say that with kilometers?

How about "gas mileage"? Is it "gas kilometerage"?

We changed to the metric system here in Canada when I was a kid, so like a lot of people my age I use a strange mix of metric and Imperial units, depending on context. Certain things I'm used to thinking of only in metric, other things only in Imperial - meanwhile there are yet other things I can flip between either unit system.

I can easily switch between using miles or kilometers, but to your original question I would only ever use "YMMV", and have never encountered the use of a metric version of the phrase...

And to your second question... what is this "gas" thing you speak of? :)

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC