Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yoke install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmmmmm....the Plaid is KITT!!! (with Space X package lol)

Kitt show specs

Power System KITT is powered by the Knight Industries turbojet, with modified afterburners and a computer controlled 8-speed turbodrive transmission. This helps him do 0–60 mph in 2 seconds (1.37g), standing to quarter mile 4.286 seconds. Electromagnetic hyper-vacuum disc brakes: 14 foot (4.25 m) braking distance (70–0 mph – 112–0 km/h - 11.7g).
Used in most episodes, this is a pair of rocket boosters mounted just behind the front tires. These lifted the car, allowing KITT to jump into the air and pass over obstacles in the road. Also, occasionally, Turbo Boost was used to allow KITT to accelerate to incredible speeds in excess of 200 mph

• Funny
Reactions: thesmokingman
All of these "wheels" and devices are not legal. Various regulations cover their problems. OP's yoke has sharp nubs that can catch clothing and dangling jewelry. Same for the hacksawed wheel. The Brodie knob cannot be used on a wheel that can self-center.

The Tesla OEM yoke has rounded nubs that are less likely to catch clothing. IMO even those nubs are debatably legal but no one has been known to catch a sleeve or bracelet yet.

Today we installed the Yoke on my Model Y 2021.
I like it, because I can see the Display better now.

It does take a bit of getting used to.

View attachment 674581

For parallel parking and u-turns, just add a brodie knob to the yoke ;). Problem solved!

View attachment 675592

Reactions: hcdavis3
So many haters !
Because it looks stupid. The steering rack isn’t configured for it. Plus you open up a world of liability issues now that you’ve removed (and then replaced) the factory airbag.

This is some bonehead stuff..

Good luck if you ever get into an accident. Insurance company is gonna have fun. You won’t even be able to deny the modification - in the event of a crash the cabin camera will show that you have a modified steering wheel.

• Disagree
Reactions: StarLog
All of these "wheels" and devices are not legal. Various regulations cover their problems. OP's yoke has sharp nubs that can catch clothing and dangling jewelry. Same for the hacksawed wheel. The Brodie knob cannot be used on a wheel that can self-center.

The Tesla OEM yoke has rounded nubs that are less likely to catch clothing. IMO even those nubs are debatably legal but no one has been known to catch a sleeve or bracelet yet.
Haha, brodie knob was a joke. I picked a picture of a super-ugly one (not that any of them look good) to emphasize that the yoke is really not a great idea.

Reactions: Dan D.
I am just hoping there is enough bad press, cancelled orders, and lawsuits that stop this madness. Yokes have no place in passenger vehicles. Period. I do not want to re-learn how to drive at this point in my life. Videos I've watched so far are painful - this is absurd for parallel parking and other everyday tasks. The stalkless approach is also over-engineering, IMO.
didn't you had to relearn driving with the 1-pedal driving? driving the Tesla in any mode still required some relearning to be honest.

This adage is so true: "You can't teach an old dog new tricks."

None of these nicks have tried a yoke, automatically hate it, and state they'll never buy a vehicle with one. They were hoping the NTSB or some other government agency would step in an stop Tesla from selling the new S/Y (and prob CT) with the yoke.

Same for the number of people that have never tried driving a Tesla, automatically hate it, and claim they'll never buy one.

Tesla won't have a problem finding customers for their vehicles.
My father in law swore up and down that he would NEVER own a Tesla. "Tesla will never make it" "Not enough range" "Batteries will need replaced"
He drives 30k miles a year, we did a little math for him.
Ordered his S June 2nd

I am just hoping there is enough bad press, cancelled orders, and lawsuits that stop this madness. Yokes have no place in passenger vehicles. Period. I do not want to re-learn how to drive at this point in my life.
now you tell me, 20 years late. hubby installed a yoke on our acura back then. hated it for about a month then liked it. you should avoid it if think it is that bad. i won't care if my next t has a yoke.