Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yoke peeling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SC master tech. It's a new policy apparently
Thanks. If this is the case, my crazy idea of wrapping the yoke with bike handle wrap may not be such a crazy idea anymore. The material is no cheaper than the yoke material and it protects from wear and tear. Yes, it sounds crazy for a $100K car but it looks much better than peeling skin on the yoke.

Reactions: Drew-MS
CA has a lemon law, not sure if the same applies elsewhere, he just recently had to change a customers yoke and they had to pay out of pocket bc Tesla changed their policy at least in Ca.
Ugly yolk does not prevent the car from functioning. I double lemon law will apply. Tesla is free to change the rule at will. At one time they warned me not to plug a car cam into USB port because it will drain the 12 V battery and they will not replace it under warranty. Then they have no explanation of why install the USB ports in the car. They could say the ripped yoke cover is cosmetic and refuse to replace. I hope I don't get to that point to find out.

Have you guys seen the custom yoke steering wheels that pimpmyev.com produces? That will deal with the problem permanently. No peeling as they can produce these in any material including carbon fiber and alcantara!

The problem is resolved for good. I dont think Tesla plan to change the material on their steering wheels!

Welp, my 14 month plaid yoke is peeling. I'm in CA and service center wants to charge $900 to fix it. Citing cosmetic repairs are not covered under warranty. What to do?
If the paint on the near new Tesla start peeling, would they say it is cosmetic and refuse to repaint or repair? It is amazing Tesla would put their reputation on the line and refuse to replace an obvious substandard yoke.

Welp, my 14 month plaid yoke is peeling. I'm in CA and service center wants to charge $900 to fix it. Citing cosmetic repairs are not covered under warranty. What to do?
That’s unacceptable; you’re being treated disgracefully. Not only are the new controls breathtakingly stupid, their quality sucks.

It’s well past time for Musk to leave Tesla to focus on what will soon prove his greatest gift to mankind: destroying Twitter.

That’s unacceptable; you’re being treated disgracefully. Not only are the new controls breathtakingly stupid, their quality sucks.

It’s well past time for Musk to leave Tesla to focus on what will soon prove his greatest gift to mankind: destroying Twitter.
We can all scream, cry, kick and curse all we want. People are still lining up to pay a premium price for substandard product. If will continue until another brand takes over. Lucid is way over priced. Have you looked at the MBZ interior? Audi does not have the range. Porsche is also lacking the range and overpriced. May be Kia will take over soon.

We can all scream, cry, kick and curse all we want. People are still lining up to pay a premium price for substandard product. It will continue until another brand takes over. Lucid is way over priced. Have you looked at the MBZ interior? Audi does not have the range. Porsche is also lacking the range and overpriced. May be Kia will take over soon.
^Indeed. The Mercedes Benz EQS is less attractive (outside) than the Tesla S, and its interior is overly glitzy, but it sure is luxurious. And all their cars have proper stalks for direction selection (anachronistically referred to as a ‘shift’ lever); horn buttons in the only safe, always-accessible place; and entire steering wheels. Since I’ve lost all faith and trust in Tesla and their ever-increasingly absurd, erratic boss, that’s where my dollars are headed next.