Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yoke Replacement Just Installed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope :(. Mine is now scheduled to arrive ~Wed 10/26.
FYI All,

The Secret EV Wheel did arrive in ~1week after ordering, I installed and tested.

TLDR: Better and less expensive than the T-Sportline ($1700 with discount including electronics, no tax) but still not happy and decided to return. Secret EV has been great to deal with, if you wish to reach them quickly, ping them on Instagram.

1. I liked that the wheel is much "rounder" than the T-Sportline model I tried earlier this year

2. I also liked that I was able to see all of the drivers “dashboard”, much better than T-Sportline.

3. I did NOT like the steering wheel extreme thickness and felt like the wrap and cover was cheap feeling.

4. The wheel felt way too large and ungainly when steering (bus like). Design constraints (fitting in Tesla electronics in a round wheel where you can still see dashboard) means the wheel is not "centered" over the bolt/mounting point when turning over ~180 degrees.

5. Biggest issue - I had the included electronics but the haptic button for the Lights (brights, flash to pass) was non functional. All other functions on wheel worked as expected.

• Informative
Reactions: beatle
FYI All,

The Secret EV Wheel did arrive in ~1week after ordering, I installed and tested.

TLDR: Better and less expensive than the T-Sportline ($1700 with discount including electronics, no tax) but still not happy and decided to return. Secret EV has been great to deal with, if you wish to reach them quickly, ping them on Instagram.

1. I liked that the wheel is much "rounder" than the T-Sportline model I tried earlier this year

2. I also liked that I was able to see all of the drivers “dashboard”, much better than T-Sportline.

3. I did NOT like the steering wheel extreme thickness and felt like the wrap and cover was cheap feeling.

4. The wheel felt way too large and ungainly when steering (bus like). Design constraints (fitting in Tesla electronics in a round wheel where you can still see dashboard) means the wheel is not "centered" over the bolt/mounting point when turning over ~180 degrees.

5. Biggest issue - I had the included electronics but the haptic button for the Lights (brights, flash to pass) was non functional. All other functions on wheel worked as expected.
Yeah, the Secret EV wheel seemed a bit thick and large at first. But after a couple of weeks it really felt comfortable. I adjusted the steering to “firm” which helped. Also having the electronics pre installed was a good idea. Actually the haptic headlight button didn’t work properly at first but seemed to reset and now everything works perfectly.

I'm curious how these wheel manufacturers are sourcing the core of the yoke to ship with their wheels, as Tesla doesn't sell them individually, only as a whole yoke. I presume they are buying this and removing the core themselves. The trouble is they are glued in with a type of plastic that's a pain in the ass to remove. There's also a real chance of damaging the buttons when prying the core out of the yoke.

I'm curious how these wheel manufacturers are sourcing the core of the yoke to ship with their wheels, as Tesla doesn't sell them individually, only as a whole yoke. I presume they are buying this and removing the core themselves. The trouble is they are glued in with a type of plastic that's a pain in the ass to remove. There's also a real chance of damaging the buttons when prying the core out of the yoke.
I assume when you say “core of the yoke” you mean the electronics. I had the electronics installed prior to delivery and it’s been fine. So no issues there. I have my original yoke to whip back on if there’s a problem. You could inquire as to how the “core of the yoke” is obtained and installed. At some point you just have to have faith that someone knows what they are doing. In my case Secret EV/ Signature seems to know what’s happening. I mean, isn’t life trail and error anyway. BTW, let’s see a picture of your new BLACK “Y”!

I assume when you say “core of the yoke” you mean the electronics. I had the electronics installed prior to delivery and it’s been fine. So no issues there. I have my original yoke to whip back on if there’s a problem. You could inquire as to how the “core of the yoke” is obtained and installed. At some point you just have to have faith that someone knows what they are doing. In my case Secret EV/ Signature seems to know what’s happening. I mean, isn’t life trail and error anyway. BTW, let’s see a picture of your new BLACK “Y”!
It's MSM ;) Black interior.

AC55CE31-71AF-4DF1-92A8-EBD0DF7A8A76.jpeg