Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yoke turn signal and high beams buttons no longer responsive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just updated my 2022 Model X to 2022.12.1 and now the left side of the yoke doesn’t register touches. The scroll wheel works, but the left, right, and high beams buttons don’t work at all. Had a long drive to get home and boy did it feel unsafe to be on the road. Using navigate on autopilot, it can signal and change lanes fine.

If i take it to a Service Center will they allow me to take it on the road without repairing it? I need to urgently drive a couple hours and if they can’t fix it quickly i’ll have to take the car as is and come back as other day.

The amount of driving I have to do tomorrrow i think uber credits won’t fully cover.

Thoughts?

Hey @nhaneezy,

Same problem here.

These 3 buttons on the left side did not work sometimes but suddenly got recovered in the night.

I suspect it has something to do with the high temperature in the car. I did an experiment today and successfully reproed the problem. I left the car on the street, in the sun for nearly the whole day and checked these buttons in the afternoon. And this issue occurred again.

(I had this problem three times in total so far, and thus found this pattern. Not sure if it is the same on your side.)

this happened to my previous yoke. left turn signal just randomly didnt work intermittently. had it replaced 2 months ago. now its happening again, having mobile coming to replace it next week. this problem is likely more common than reported. i agree, its dangerous. crazy..

I'm experiencing similar issues with my 2021 Tesla Model S, equipped with a yoke steering. The problem is inconsistent: at times, the left turn signal fails to operate, and at other times, it's the right one that malfunctions. I've filed a report with the NHTSA regarding this. Additionally, I notified the Tesla service center about these issues, but their response was indifferent. It's disappointing to witness a decline in Tesla's culture.

I'm experiencing similar issues with my 2021 Tesla Model S, equipped with a yoke steering. The problem is inconsistent: at times, the left turn signal fails to operate, and at other times, it's the right one that malfunctions. I've filed a report with the NHTSA regarding this. Additionally, I notified the Tesla service center about these issues, but their response was indifferent. It's disappointing to witness a decline in Tesla's culture.
If you opened a service ticket on your phone to have your turn signal fixed, the only option is for them to come and fix it. I have no idea how that could reflect a "decline in Tesla's culture." They either fixed it, or they didn't.