Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yokohama Geolandar X-CV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2016 MX. After 26,300mi, it was time to replace the stock Continental Cross Contact XL Sports after a couple of punctures in the same driver's side back tire. At Big-O-Tires, I was quoted $1,460 out the door for a replacement set.

I decided try out a set of Yokohama Geolandar X-CV for $1,090. The local shop also did an alignment for $150, which totally eliminated a creaking sound I was getting when making left turns.

The Yokohama's are good so far. Tracking appears to be a lot better than the stock tires, though part of that might be due to the re-alignment. They seem to be quieter, but mileage is bit worse for now (15-20Wh/mi), but I expect that to change as the tires break in. Overall, I'm very happy with the purchase. I'll report back on rain/snow/mileage/noise as I accumulate more miles.

Reactions: SabrToothSqrl
I have a 2016 MX. After 26,300mi, it was time to replace the stock Continental Cross Contact XL Sports after a couple of punctures in the same driver's side back tire. At Big-O-Tires, I was quoted $1,460 out the door for a replacement set.

I decided try out a set of Yokohama Geolandar X-CV for $1,090. The local shop also did an alignment for $150, which totally eliminated a creaking sound I was getting when making left turns.

The Yokohama's are good so far. Tracking appears to be a lot better than the stock tires, though part of that might be due to the re-alignment. They seem to be quieter, but mileage is bit worse for now (15-20Wh/mi), but I expect that to change as the tires break in. Overall, I'm very happy with the purchase. I'll report back on rain/snow/mileage/noise as I accumulate more miles.
I just purchased these too. So far I’ve noticed they are significantly louder than the OEMs

Just got my X-CVs installed today on the wife's 90D. She had some Nexens RU5s on there from the prior owner that were junk. I had 1 tire almost bald and the other 3 were just OK.

The car has 45k miles on it and this is the 3rd set of tires obviously. Not sure why the prior owner changed out the stock wheels to Nexens, assume ran in low mode all the time.

She said the X-CVs seem like a nicer ride.

Replaced all stock Conti CrossContact Sport LX on my ‘20 MX after 30k (staggered) for the Yoko Geolander X-CV yesterday. Originally wanted the Michelin CrossClimate SUV for the occasional Indy snow/ice but unfortunately the rears were on back order.

Initial Impression: Like them. Will update after more mileage

Pro: Much quieter and more comfortable ride than stock Contis

Cons: bit more bouncy ride than I prefer—honestly not bad—and hence feel slightly less grounded/handling slightly better with Contis

Worn all-seasons vs. new have a lot less tread squirm so that's probably a lot of what you're feeling. Worn-out tires are at their best from a responsiveness perspective (to a degree, of course) because the tread blocks are shorter and can't deflect as much

conversely, worn tires are louder because acoustics is weird and I don't know why, but they are. So, a "new" vs. "new" comparison in noise will probably be a lot closer

Replaced all stock Conti CrossContact Sport LX on my ‘20 MX after 30k (staggered) for the Yoko Geolander X-CV yesterday. Originally wanted the Michelin CrossClimate SUV for the occasional Indy snow/ice but unfortunately the rears were on back order.

Initial Impression: Like them. Will update after more mileage

Pro: Much quieter and more comfortable ride than stock Contis

Cons: bit more bouncy ride than I prefer—honestly not bad—and hence feel slightly less grounded/handling slightly better with Contis
Update: After 6 months of use (around 10k miles) I remain pleased with these tires. Performance during recent snowstorm with 7in snow and ice on roads was great—felt grounded and slippage was honestly inevitable given conditions though felt this was very minimal. Initially noticed extra 40-50 wh/mi usage with the new tires but as expected it decreased with wear—currently around extra 20 wh/mi compared to the stock Contis. Would repurchase and definitely recommend.

• Informative
Reactions: SabrToothSqrl
Update: After 6 months of use (around 10k miles) I remain pleased with these tires. Performance during recent snowstorm with 7in snow and ice on roads was great—felt grounded and slippage was honestly inevitable given conditions though felt this was very minimal. Initially noticed extra 40-50 wh/mi usage with the new tires but as expected it decreased with wear—currently around extra 20 wh/mi compared to the stock Contis. Would repurchase and definitely recommend.
are you still liking the Geolanders? they are coming to top of my list as replacement for OEMs. How is the treadwear?