Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yolk turn signal button issues. Does not register a click.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My turn signal button works only 90% of the time. I have noticed this issue for over 10months of ownership. It would happen less frequently and was just a minor annoyance. But now it’s getting to the point of happening once on a drive.

Due to its frequent occurrence, I find myself missing turns or just overshooting my destination to avoid an accident. Yes, It’s LA and everyone tailgates so it’s quite a concern for me.

It’s definitely a Tesla and not a BMW. (Joke)

Here’s a video of me clicking on it constantly. It would start working maybe 10-15 seconds later. Anyone having the same issue?

• Funny
Reactions: MrHopsing
I find the right turn always works, but sometimes I get the wrong placement on the left turn and have to move my thumb. So while you state its not bad placement in your case, I just wanted to mention that the left signal seems more finicky some of the time
Yes, I am hoping it is just user error, but today it seemed like the button area wouldn't move at all when I pressed it, almost like it was stuck "down" (or maybe up?)

My car did not have this issue. I then changed the yoke to a wheel and I noticed the issue immediately. It has to do with the glue behind the trim panel or the lack there of. If you remove all of the old glue like I did when you press the directional the button sinks into an empty cavity because there is nothing behind the button anymore. It’s a bit of an air gap between the button and the wheel. If you put a piece of rubber or anything to fill that gap then the press with your finger actually presses the button rather than just sinking that button into the empty cavity.

I realize this might not be the best explanation as it is hard to explain so maybe I will re write it at some point but I went from a perfect directional to a 50% directional back to a perfect directional once I placed something behind the button to take up that space.

Reactions: calleserra
I’ve been on a road trip in my 2023 Model S and am experiencing the same issue with the left turn signal (yoke wheel). It happened once with the right turn signal. I tried to make a service appointment while staying in RI, but they had nothing available while I was still in town. Guess I’ll have to take care of it when I’m back home. My car is running 2023.32.4.

My turn signal button works only 90% of the time. I have noticed this issue for over 10months of ownership. It would happen less frequently and was just a minor annoyance. But now it’s getting to the point of happening once on a drive.

Due to its frequent occurrence, I find myself missing turns or just overshooting my destination to avoid an accident. Yes, It’s LA and everyone tailgates so it’s quite a concern for me.

It’s definitely a Tesla and not a BMW. (Joke)

Here’s a video of me clicking on it constantly. It would start working maybe 10-15 seconds later. Anyone having the same issue?

I have had the same issue! Just scheduling THIRD appointment with service center. This feels unsafe to me when driving.