Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

You agree to pay a price for your car. Stop complaining here every time Tesla makes price adjustment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The first 45 threads from a few months ago were way too much. It’s already starting again with the new adjustments. You agreed to pay a price for a car and as long as you got what you paid for (P3D spoilers eventually) you WERE NOT SCREWED. Prices change, deal with it. You need to realize that Tesla is a growing (some would say struggling) company in a really tough market. If you can’t handle it please don’t make another 40 threads here. We need rules for this crap. Now if you haven’t received your car yet then there’s something you can do about it. And if you didn’t purchase and the price went up before you pulled the trigger (or your preferred config isn’t available anymore) then you snooze you lose. Got questions about what’s been changed or what your options are, that’s what we’re here for.

I completely agree with the premise of this article. Which is easy to say since I haven't bought one yet. But one has to wonder what all of this volatility is doing to demand. People looking at EV options have to be wondering if they wait a month will the price drop again for example.

That being said, it is still amazing how much they have been going back and forth on pricing. Especially when you factor in the amount of money that can be saved. I returned my initial configuration after realizing that FSD where I live is not going to be usable and after driving with EAP for a week the only feature that I actually wanted to use was AP. This has, so far, lead to a savings in excess of 14.000€ and essentially I get the same driving experience as I would have gotten, for my specific usage scenario, with the original car.

The mind does indeed boggle a bit. Luckily Tesla has been easy to work with through all this pricing madness.

My car still has temporary paper plate and the ink has not even dried on my loan signature. I think I deserve to whine more than those who already have metal license plates.

I've been telling myself to compare my own situation now to my own situation before (where not much has changed, really). My car is still my car, and even though this may have resale implications, they'll probably be very small in 5-7 years after depreciation. No point in dealing with hypothetical scenarios, or comparing your situation to someone who hasn't purchased the vehicle yet; save yourself the stress and enjoy your awesome new car :)

Reactions: StealthP3D
Status
Not open for further replies.