Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"You are able to get into the March build..." - for real?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my 100d today! Woot! It was an excellent experience, and I was simply blown away by the factory tour. It was humbling actually, I am blown away at what goes into building these cars, and the massive equipment involved.

Thanks to the great advice on this forum, I made sure to do a detailed inspection before writing the check. We actually did it after the factory tour (they tried to squeeze it all in before the tour, but I did not want to be rushed). I found a few items.. some small scratches in the clear coat on the trunk, a "scratch", or so it appeared, on the roof (glass roof + sun roof). It was a semi circular mark that went from the back end of the glass roof all the way around to the sunroof. Finally, the wheels were a bit dirty (21" grey's), and the fenders had overspray from the tire glaze on them (which caused them to smudge). All the body seams/gaps were good. The driver door does not close perfectly, i will see if that will settle in this week.

On all the other issues, they promptly brought in folks to fix them... the scratches just took a little buffing, and it turns out the mark on the sunroof was not a scratch (whew), but was something they were able to remove. they took my car back for a bit to make the fixes, and brought it back out. They didn't quite get rid of the overspray, but that is trivial, so otherwise, all was good.

It's sitting in my garage charging for the day tomorrow. Wooohooo! I am driving to L.A. on Thursday.

Reactions: xyeahtony