Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

You call that a stone chip.......?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Nick77

Deep Blue Model 3 LR (2021 MIC)
Mar 15, 2020
Burton-on-Trent
Was driving down the carriageway earlier and heard a small clunk at the front. Thought I'd hit a small stone underneath or something. Got home to see this!

Completely dented/pushed out a small section of the front left bumper leading edge. FFS. I'm not enjoying this paintwork at the minute!

It looks more like an impact from the right hand side to push it out like that, but I don't know what else it could have been. Certainly haven't had any sentry alerts for it.

It certainly won't push back in. May have to just touch it up the bare bit and leave it like that as I'm not paying for a whole new bloody bumper!

Attachments

• IMG_20210813_111946.jpg
    IMG_20210813_111946.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 94
Was driving down the carriageway earlier and heard a small clunk at the front. Thought I'd hit a small stone underneath or something. Got home to see this!

Completely dented/pushed out a small section of the front left bumper leading edge. FFS. I'm not enjoying this paintwork at the minute!

It looks more like an impact from the right hand side to push it out like that, but I don't know what else it could have been. Certainly haven't had any sentry alerts for it.

It certainly won't push back in. May have to just touch it up the bare bit and leave it like that as I'm not paying for a whole new bloody bumper!

I've had equivalent (or worse) damage on every new car I've ever had ... it's a message from the gods that you are not allowed to keep anything nice for very long. Strangely enough I've not had damage on the Tesla (so far) other than what I've actually caused myself! Anyway ... your bumper is surely repairable without replacement.

I have exactly the same chip on my bumper and was like what the hell caused that....straight after that I increased my FSD car distance from 2 to 3 cars, but that still doesn't help as I still see new chips left right and centre, but I also do 120 miles motorway driving a day! I bought touch up paint and covered it up, well I can still see the horrible chip, but at least its the same colour as the paint.

Reactions: Nick77