Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

You can drive my Model S in May in Calif

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Most people think I'm crazy when I tell them I bought my Model S so that other people could drive it.

It's true. Tomorrow (Saturday May 3) kicks off the second Electric Car Guest Drive series starting in San Diego and ending in the SF Bay Area at the end of the month. If you're not yet a Tesla driver and want a "guest drive" outside the Tesla store, this is your chance.

If you are already a Tesla driver and want to talk with other Tesla drivers and prospective Tesla drivers (and other EV drivers) you are also welcome to come. We meet in a park, on grass and have some diversions for the kids (Bocci ball, Frisbee, whiffle ball, etc). We also have various chargers you can examine, info about solar charging, etc. It's not a sales event of any kind, just awareness, education and relationships.

There are only three positions left at 5:00 for Sat May 3. Positions in the other cities are going fast. Antony Ingram at Green Car Reports was kind enough to write about the event so the cat's pretty much out of the bag.

Just to make things really interesting, one person each event is selected to borrow the car for an entire day between event days or next month. I won't go into the details of the selection process here but the heart of it is who can make the most compelling statement of "why I drive electric" (or want to).

www.electriccarguestdrive.com