Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

You can refer yourself for the $1200 credit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This popped up on another thread, but it didn't really fit there, so just wanted to let any potential S buys know that they can use their referral code to refer themselves for the $1200 discount. Originally my DS though it would have to be applied to an invoice from the electrical install (tricky for me, because I already have an HPWC, and the new house I'm building won't be wired for at least a couple more months).

Anyway, the bottom line was that it's just applied as a discount on the oreder price, as you can see below:

referral.jpg

I'd already confirmed the order, so they were able to do this retrospectively. Car is due late Mar/Early Apr.

Pete

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak
It was a combination of my Gallery Advisor and the DS. I confirmed the order at the Mytesla page last weekend, but I received another confirmation today, presumably after they applied the credit, so the elapsed time wasn't very long (6 days).

There's at least 3 other threads on TMC with other people that have successfully applied the referral credit to their own purchase....I'd push back again. Really it just offsets the BS 'documentation fee', but free money is still free money...!

There's at least 3 other threads on TMC with other people that have successfully applied the referral credit to their own purchase....I'd push back again. Really it just offsets the BS 'documentation fee', but free money is still free money...!

To be fair, I was told I can't use it due to when I ordered, not because it was my own referral. I ordered in mid Jan. I picked the perfect window between the two rebates. I even asked if I could apply it against 19" snows, which I'd have to do anyway. No dice. It's all good, I just think Tesla should have thought this one through a bit more.

Reactions: dhrivnak
Makes sense, just bad timing. Looks like we practically have the same spec on order!

You have great taste! I'm definitely looking forward to the car, but wish Tesla had thought this rebate piece through a bit more. If you ordered in Jan, you missed the 15 rebate. You also missed the Feb rebate. It might sound trite, but Tesla could have made the Jan buyers whole somehow. It's probably fair to say on a 130k car it's more symbolic than anything.

Another week I should have it!

So the $1200 just comes off the order like the other rebate programs? I wasn't sure that's how it worked but what your picture shows appears to be just a $1200 discount with no need to buy a HPWC etc.

I'm just hope 3 people use my code so I can get in the raffle!

Didn't work for me

Didn't work for me. This is what I got:
The referral program is for motivating other people (like your friends or family) to become Tesla owners – you can’t refer yourself but thanks for asking J!

This popped up on another thread, but it didn't really fit there, so just wanted to let any potential S buys know that they can use their referral code to refer themselves for the $1200 discount. Originally my DS though it would have to be applied to an invoice from the electrical install (tricky for me, because I already have an HPWC, and the new house I'm building won't be wired for at least a couple more months).

Anyway, the bottom line was that it's just applied as a discount on the oreder price, as you can see below:

View attachment 112878

I'd already confirmed the order, so they were able to do this retrospectively. Car is due late Mar/Early Apr.

Pete