Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

You can safely order Model Y without worrying about new battery tech!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Or you can star pre-order Cybertruck. The new battery is mainly for Semi, Cybertruck, & Roadster.

Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 2.19.28 PM.png

Reactions: house9 and Mooroo
It was kinda ridiculous to expect them to make a change on Y batteries. I’m surprised this clarification didn’t come earlier. I guess even with those who decided to delay their orders the company didn’t have a problem selling out this quarter.

Reactions: house9
It was kinda ridiculous to expect them to make a change on Y batteries. I’m surprised this clarification didn’t come earlier. I guess even with those who decided to delay their orders the company didn’t have a problem selling out this quarter.

Nobody ever said anything about waiting for new batteries.
People are waiting for single cast, 5-10 battery range bump, model year 2021 and some other (small) upgrades.

I'm still curious why Panasonic announced they were updating the 2170 cell line to increase energy density by 5% in mid September... Those cells go into the 3/Y, I wonder if Tesla will just use the extra buffer to try and protect the battery a little more for awhile before announcing a range bump six months down the road or whatever.

Nobody ever said anything about waiting for new batteries.
People are waiting for single cast, 5-10 battery range bump, model year 2021 and some other (small) upgrades.
I’ve seen a lot of people on these forums speculating about all sorts of reasons to delay their order past battery day, but mainly because they thought the battery day would affect 3 and Y immediately :)) kinda naive, but they do exist. Fortunately the company had enough orders for this Q, so no problem there.

But what is funny now people will further wait to get 2021 model to get better trade-in price when buying new model in 2022 with much better battery and tech.
I dont see how someone is not going to wait one more month and get 2021 model, or even wait for 2022

I’ve seen a lot of people on these forums speculating about all sorts of reasons to delay their order past battery day, but mainly because they thought the battery day would affect 3 and Y immediately :)) kinda naive, but they do exist. Fortunately the company had enough orders for this Q, so no problem there.

Now people will wait even more to get 2022 model or 2021 (which they can trade in for 2022 for much better deal then current 2020)

• Funny
Reactions: Watts_Up
But what is funny now people will further wait to get 2021 model to get better trade-in price when buying new model in 2022 with much better battery and tech.
I dont see how someone is not going to wait one more month and get 2021 model, or even wait for 2022
Yeah not sure that’s an entirely valid argument but I won’t discuss that same topic with you here again. You may not see it, but there are literally thousands who either don’t agree with your argument or otherwise don’t care, and will receive their cars in q4 and enjoy it without worrying about which model year that same car is called.

Well then why not just wait until 2023 when the super duper Higher density battery and One cast full body are coming? You are going to wait forever then to buy the car!

Make up your mind... first wait a month to get a better return on the 2021 model now wait till 2022 for the better tech? I would hope Tesla would keep advancing their tech every year, that's what they are a Tech company.