TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

You don't Know Jack (mode)

Discussion in 'Model X' started by vandacca, Apr 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

I was swapping tires this past weekend, and I had the X in Jack Mode for a few hours.

Normally, when I walk in and out of the garage, the car wakes up, opens doors, etc. However, when in Jack Mode, it didn't do any of that. It remained in "manual" mode and all automated features seemed to have been turned off. I'm curious to know if others have observed the same thing.

Just thought I would share my observations. Might be a work-around for people that may want to temporarily disable some of these automated features.

• Informative x 4
  2. Pwdr Extreme

Pwdr Extreme Member

Makes perfect sense, you wouldn't want the door opening itself and such while you are working on the car.

3. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

This little detail surprised me. In some areas, Tesla really did think things out and made some good design decisions.

• Funny x 1
    • Love x 1
  4. hill

hill Member

my better half loves the doors opening, however we go through the garage constantly & I'm getting kind of sick of the doors opening a couple dozen times a day - blocking the path past it. Maybe we'll just leave it in Jack mode until we leave the house.