Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

You ever get one of those days where you're computer is just dragging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm having one of those. Except my car is the computer which makes me really grumpy. About a week ago I noticed that album art on the instrument cluster is no longer showing up. It shows the generic square with a musical note in it and every 5 seconds it "refreshes" by disappearing and re-appearing, again with no album artwork. I'm not sure if that's related to this but...

Today everything on the car has been painfully laggy. I raise the volume on the steering wheel and nothing happens for 2 seconds until it finally races up. I hit the controls button on the touchscreen and literally 2 - 3 seconds passes before anything happens. Even touching a radio preset is greeted by a 3 - 4 second pause before the station finally changes. Then I go to open the pano roof and instead of a fluid graphic of the panel moving back, the display just freezes at certain intervals. It's really frustrating to use the car like this. If I had to describe it a different way, imagine your computer when a program is using all of it's resources and then you try to do something else. It will do it but with much delay.

I reset both the touchscreen and the instrument cluster and then shut down the car and re-started it. No difference. It seems unlikely that the onboard computer is just having a bad day. Can it be trying to run something in the background that would cause this? Is this a known issue or did something break?

In my car album art only shows up when the song is first loaded onto the flash drive, then after some number of plays (varies by song) the art goes away. Very rarely it comes back, and often it comes back as something totally wrong. There is one female Japanese singer who's artwork shows up as Michael Jackson.

In my car album art only shows up when the song is first loaded onto the flash drive, then after some number of plays (varies by song) the art goes away. Very rarely it comes back, and often it comes back as something totally wrong. There is one female Japanese singer who's artwork shows up as Michael Jackson.

I remember there being confusion over him being black or white (heck he even sing about it), but never remember there being speculation he was a Japanese woman!