TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

You have an S, Will you also be getting an X?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Cinematechs, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Cinematechs

Cinematechs Member

I'm just curious as to how many of you S or Roadster owners will also be getting an X as a second vehicle?

2. jkirkebo

jkirkebo Model S P85+ VIN 14420 EU

Then you should start a poll.

3. Hybris

Hybris Member

Nope. Why would I need another even bigger car? Not a rabbit with 7 children... ;-)

4. GBoar

GBoar Member

AWD on X would help with winter weather( Model S with AWD is not available till some time in 2014)

5. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

We are Just reserved a couple weeks ago (see signature). The X will be my wife's daily driver and will replace our Highlander Hybrid (though we may keep it as I have two boys turning 16 the same year we'll get the X so they'll need cars.

6. NoMoGas

NoMoGas Member

Now.. why do I gotta be a rabbit? lol and Yes, ordered.

7. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Agreed. Some households have multiple drivers as well.

Anyway, I have an S and yes, I have a reservation for an X.

8. Owner

Owner Active Member

9. birdsaresmarter

The X is cool but not only do we not really need an SUV we couldn't afford it on top of the S. We may, however, sell 2nd car (Prius Plug-in) when Gen III comes out. Probably depends on price of that.

10. Cattledog

Cattledog Active Member

Have an S, reserved an X.

11. Hybris

Hybris Member

I would just order another S... I mean as im not a rabbit ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

What i miss is a towbar. Not a soccermom/rabbitcar. ;-) just kidding. The x is cool but really dont need a second big car. The model S is larger than the X5...a model S with AWD and towbar on the other hand...

12. dirkhh

dirkhh Middle-aged Member

Yes, I will.
    But the more interesting question to me is the other way around... What's the ratio of Model X reservation holders who already own a Tesla vs. people new to the brand...

13. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Roadster owner with a deposit down for an X. The X will be replacing a Jeep.

The Roadster and the X will look nice in the garage together.

14. Palpatine

Palpatine Banned

Former Roadster owner
    Currently a Model S owner

3rd kid coming, so we will likely get a Model X in 2015 and go pure EV as a family.

15. Plug Me In

Plug Me In Member

My situation exactly, my plan for round about 2016.

16. 4sevens.com

4sevens.com Member

We have an S and have a reservation for an X.

Ingress and egress is nto easy for the wife. A pillar is very low compared to most cars.
    I hope the X will do better. It'll be her car. We will have to test drive it before committing like we did with the S

17. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

I have an S, and a Roadster...and an X reservation. That would be three cars for two drivers; that is overkill. We are happy with the cars we have, so I'm not at all sure we'll be getting one.

The X reservation is partly "just in case"...what if one of our cars are stolen or damaged and we need to replace it? I want to have as many options as possible.

It's also in case our situation changes. We currently don't need a bigger vehicle, AWD or towing capability; but we're looking at homes where AWD may come in handy, and my wife wants to tow a folding camper trailer (me, I'm happy driving the S to a motel). I am in love with the Roadster right now, but I have a degenerative joint disease and at some point it might be hard to get in and out of. I am hoping that is many years away and the third-gen car will be a suitable replacement; but again, I want to have options in case it becomes an issue.

And to be honest, the reservation is partly because it's always nice to have the latest and greatest and show people that, yes, EVs can be big and have AWD and tow and all those other things they assume are impossible...I may be looking for an excuse to get it, rather than really having a need for it.

18. Palpatine

Palpatine Banned

I don't feel the need to be in the first 10,000 built. I would rather let them work out the manufacturing hiccups. I will likely put down my Model X reservation when they reach that 10,000 number. I think they are around 6,500 USA reservations now.

19. AprilDelivery??

I have model S , made reservation for model X , reservation #5,410. I'll see whats the pricing like is on the X and decide but it is always good to put in reservation because I dont want to wait forever like I did with the S. If the price is much more like 20% than the S the i wont take it.

20. Zapped

Zapped Model S - PURE EV

Have a Model S and reserved an X for my wife. Need the AWD for the Canadian winters.