Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

You have an S, Will you also be getting an X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would just order another S... I mean as im not a rabbit ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

What i miss is a towbar. Not a soccermom/rabbitcar. ;-) just kidding. The x is cool but really dont need a second big car. The model S is larger than the X5...a model S with AWD and towbar on the other hand...

We have an S and have a reservation for an X.

Ingress and egress is nto easy for the wife. A pillar is very low compared to most cars.
I hope the X will do better. It'll be her car. We will have to test drive it before committing like we did with the S

I have an S, and a Roadster...and an X reservation. That would be three cars for two drivers; that is overkill. We are happy with the cars we have, so I'm not at all sure we'll be getting one.

The X reservation is partly "just in case"...what if one of our cars are stolen or damaged and we need to replace it? I want to have as many options as possible.

It's also in case our situation changes. We currently don't need a bigger vehicle, AWD or towing capability; but we're looking at homes where AWD may come in handy, and my wife wants to tow a folding camper trailer (me, I'm happy driving the S to a motel). I am in love with the Roadster right now, but I have a degenerative joint disease and at some point it might be hard to get in and out of. I am hoping that is many years away and the third-gen car will be a suitable replacement; but again, I want to have options in case it becomes an issue.

And to be honest, the reservation is partly because it's always nice to have the latest and greatest and show people that, yes, EVs can be big and have AWD and tow and all those other things they assume are impossible...I may be looking for an excuse to get it, rather than really having a need for it.

I don't feel the need to be in the first 10,000 built. I would rather let them work out the manufacturing hiccups. I will likely put down my Model X reservation when they reach that 10,000 number. I think they are around 6,500 USA reservations now.

I have model S , made reservation for model X , reservation #5,410. I'll see whats the pricing like is on the X and decide but it is always good to put in reservation because I dont want to wait forever like I did with the S. If the price is much more like 20% than the S the i wont take it.