Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

You just can't win (trying to manage delivery dates)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed my order on 7/27, completed my profile a day later. Had an EDD of mid to late October when it occurred to me that my current car wouldn't be paid off 'til December. Consequently, I put my order on hold, telling my SA that I'd like to shoot for a January delivery. Last Friday, he gave me a call, suggesting that it was probably time to remove my hold given that the website had been estimating a January delivery for new orders for a week or so.

Since taking the order off hold, I've been checking my order status daily looking to see where it would land. Today it finally came up with Nov 9-29! So much for managing the delivery date. 🤪 At this point, I'm kinda done with trying to control when it arrives. I'll just double down on car payments for a month and quench my gearlust two months sooner.

Just kinda funny that with all the craziness on lead times, you can't even get what you hoped for when you try to delay delivery! I guess it's back to tracking my EDD. :)