TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

"You left your car on"

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by cinergi, Jun 11, 2012.

Tags:
  1. cinergi

cinergi Active Member

I'd driven in to 50% SOC on a pretty warm day and plugged in when I got home (240/40) which of course kicked in the A/C and all the fans -- pretty noisy. I'm used to it ....
    So I get a phone call 30 minutes later from the leasing office where I rent saying that the tech who's working on the garage door said I'd left my car on 'cuz it was making all this noise.
    I of course laughed and thanked them for bringing it to my attention and told them it's OK -- it's just charging.
    :biggrin:

2. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

I've had the opposite comment. Last year I was in for a tire change. As usual I drove the car in and out of the bay. When I started to back up the mechanic quipped, "you better start it up before you leave.".

3. rsquared99

rsquared99 Member

I got a call from the car transporter last time I sent the car to LA for the annual physical. The car's still running, but I have the key out of the car and in my hand. How do I shut it off? That's normal, just cooling itself off. I'll be damned, says he.

4. shark2k

shark2k Member

Any more of these little stories? They are interesting.

-Shark2k