Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

You might be a Tesla owner if...

f-stop

Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver BC, Canada
You leave the motor and lights on and the car unlocked after driving your wife's ICE powered car
I've been a Model S owner less than 2 months and have already caught myself doing this a couple times. Then sometimes I remember I need to shut off the ICE before getting out and I try pressing the end of the windshield wiper stalk...

Beryl

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2015
South of Houston
You regularly greet your Tesla sales rep and store manager with hugs when you see them at Tesla events. They ask about your family members -- by name -- and give you a half dozen or more Tesla keychains for each.

Take that, Volkswagen.

El Duderino

Oct 31, 2015
Switzerland
... you realize none of the new ICE cars seem attractive anymore.

Same here!
Used to read all the reviews of the new and upcoming models.
Nowadays, it's just... oh well, another piece of outdated 19th century technology with marginal changes compared to last year's model. Couldn't care less.

Model S M.D.

Ludicrous Radiologist
Oct 31, 2015
TX
Same here!
Used to read all the reviews of the new and upcoming models.
Nowadays, it's just... oh well, another piece of outdated 19th century technology with marginal changes compared to last year's model. Couldn't care less.

I also find it amusing when other car companies boast about their "advanced technology" and 7" touchscreen!

I find myself searching for the one Tesla article in car magazines and then leave feeling disappointed that we've been misrepresented!

Gwgan

Almost a wagon
Aug 11, 2013
Maine
When your friends give you a 15 inch high chain mail Tesla logo for Christmas

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    253.5 KB · Views: 47

JeffS

Oct 7, 2015
Wisconsin
When your friends give you a 15 inch high chain mail Tesla logo for Christmas

OK - wow! Whoever made that - huge props. It's a small group that know what it takes to make that. I don't personally - but a cousin made a full suit, gloves included. It was a monstrous undertaking. Someone really loves you. That's a big-deal-piece-of-art right there.

bmanke

Mar 1, 2015
Chesapeake, VA
Totally agree!

How about when you are tired of fighting with the spouse over whose 'Tesla' day it is.... you both find common ground and just order another Tesla.

I laughed so hard at this one. We have had Tesla #1 since April 2015. We have decided it's time for Tesla #2 for EXACTLY this reason! Anyone selling an early red P85D with next-gen seats? :)

Model S M.D.

Ludicrous Radiologist
Oct 31, 2015
TX
You leave the motor and lights on and the car unlocked after driving your wife's ICE powered car

Will be traveling soon and using Silver Car (is there a Tesla only rental car company in the USA?--I believe there is one in Europe)

Not looking forward to driving an ICE, even if its a decked out A4! I am preparing myself for alot of noise, vibration and slow acceleration. Will also try to remember to turn the car off and lock it...

bmanke

Mar 1, 2015
Chesapeake, VA
You might be a Tesla owner if you and your wife have an agreement that commuting to work is "Tesla Time" and phone calls are only for emergencies. Note we have the ultra high fidelity sound system :)

Spyder14

Oct 25, 2015
Bluffton, SC
YMBATOI...your heart skips a beat when you log into the iPhone app like you do everyday even though your car is not built yet and for half a second, you see the main home screen before the usual message that your car is not built yet appears!

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC