Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

You need these for your MY - I used mine today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm talking about lifting pucks.
I don't know if any repair shop will lift your MY without them.
I had a nail in my rear tire and was notified of this condition via a
message on my dash warning of low tire pressure. I wish it would let
you know which tire was low, but it does not, so had to check them all.
It was my rear left, which luckily was in a position that I could see the nail head.
Luckily, it was smack-dab in the center of the tread, allowing it to be patched.
Headed over to Costco (but didn't think they repaired our tires (and I was right).
Next, headed over to a local tire shop to see if they would repair it (exactly 999 miles on my tires).
First thing he asked was "do you have lifting pucks? I told him they were one of the first things I
bought for my car. He said, okay, no problem. Now at least I know where I can go for future
repairs should I need them and am close to home. Cost with tax was $44 which I thought was reasonable.
Gave the repair guy $5, so basically $50 out the door.
Without the pucks I would have been still looking for a place to patch my tire. I keep them in a bag
in one of the back rear trunk pockets. They've already paid for themselves.

Reactions: Mad4sax
Lift pads are not required, you can lift the Tesla Model Y without using lift pads provided the lift arm(s) are correctly placed. When using a low profile floor jack a single lift pad makes aligning the lift arm and cup at the end of the lift arm easier.

And, Discount Tire did not charge me to repair a nail puncture!
They had to remove the tire from the rim, remove and replace foam sound -deadening material.
They're the best for sure. I took my MY in and had my original tires rotated and balanced a few months ago, no charge though they weren't even their tires. It's that kind of service that keeps me coming back :).

I'm talking about lifting pucks.
I don't know if any repair shop will lift your MY without them.
I had a nail in my rear tire and was notified of this condition via a
message on my dash warning of low tire pressure. I wish it would let
you know which tire was low, but it does not, so had to check them all.
Swipe left on the bottom of the status page, where Trips are, and you see TPMS status for every wheel.

Reactions: Watts_Up
I had my tires rotated by tesla mobile service and he told me flat out you do not need those pucks. If Tesla doesn't sell them on their online store, then they are not required. Needless to say, he rotated all four tires without pucks
That is why when I investigated lift pucks for my Model Y I decided to purchase a single high quality low profile aluminum lift puck from Reverse Logic rather than a set of four low cost lift pucks from some other source. I don't anticipate Tesla Mobile Service using the lift puck (they might if I ask them to.) I would not expect to use lift pucks with a floor lift/stand in a garage. The one scenario where I would use the lift puck would be to change a tire or rotate tires on my Model Y using a low profile floor jack. The metal cup at the end of the lift arm of the floor jack would surround, capture the lift puck so there would be no chance of using the wrong location to lift the Model Y and no chance of the Tesla Model Y slipping off the floor jack when raising the Model Y.