Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"You people"? Really?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If by 'TMC', you're also including members who give passive-aggressive responses (or just leave a rating that doesn't fit the post) and/or attack anyone who doesn't agree w them (pro or anti Tesla), I agree.
:cool:

Yes, objectively we have lost some excellent contributors on both sides.

Healthy debate should be encouraged for more critical thinking here.:cool:

6 Tips for Healthy Debate

healthy_debate_3430419046_1200x627.jpg

Well, having @neroden banned just sucks.

As evidenced by the original post in this thread, the mods can toss out insulting comments at will. Really how can a moderator read the OG post, then not step up, and also apologize for it, once pointed out?

Over my years here, too many knowledgeable posters have been banned. Was it deserving? No me knows. Just have to take @ Bonnie and others word about the process, yet that is a real difficult pill to swallow when you just witnessed intelligent, thoughtful posts get deleted, and a moderator insult a member (. It an isolated incident may I add).

There has long been a pro-tesla slant to the moderation, since the day I joined here. In the early days, after I had a post “ modified” the moderator came right out and told me “ we have to be careful how Tesla is perceived In the public” and that’s why they changed my post. They not only changed it but left me negative feedback. Now this was not a huge change, but directly confirms that censorship has and will happen, even when no one is insulted, except for a publicly traded multi billion dollar company.

Yeah maybe no one has ever been banned for criticizing tesla, but likely that was a , if not the primary ingredient that started the chain reaction.

Criticize>moderate>frustration with poor moderation/ overt censorship.....brewhaha.....ban

The investor forum is a giant echo chamber, with no healthy opposition anymore. Those opposed were shamed out. Now people on the same side can argue the irrelevant minutiae.

The fact that TMC tried to ban discussion of this..,shows you the dictatorship attitude and poor decision making that mods are capable of.

Well maybe @DaveT will come back.

There has long been a pro-tesla slant to the moderation, since the day I joined here. In the early days, after I had a post “ modified” the moderator came right out and told me “ we have to be careful how Tesla is perceived In the public” and that’s why they changed my post.
I was not a moderator back then (or even a member in 2012), but for the last couple of years moderating here, I can assure you that there is no concern for how Tesla is being perceived by the admins of this site. I cannot speak for all moderators, but in the discussions I've seen, I have a hard time believing they would moderate based on those guidelines either. I do think things have changed significantly in those 7 years since you got the warning, not the least of which is the relationship between Tesla and its customers, which I believe permeates down to this forum. I don't think Tesla cares much at all about what goes on here. They're bigger than that now.

Its the same kind of censorship I see on Reddit. If they dont like the information they quarantine the whole thread. I used to be a paying member at Reddit, but stopped my subscription after a politically motivated quarantine. I still post, but censorship is not something I will ever support.

What he said! Didn't take me long to realize if you are on that forum it's Reddit's way or the hi-way. I told them that and, believe it or not, I got a profanity laced reply from one of their moderators. Needless to say, after my reply to the moderator, I have not been back. I don't think they are familiar with democracy.

Reactions: FlatSix911
If people were not allowed to post under the guise of being anonymous I think many problems on public forums would go away (perhaps to be replaced by other issues) Anonymity seems to bring out the worst in people ...See twitter as exhibit A.

Reactions: ohmman
Rational criticism of Tesla has always been allowed here. There have been some individual problems between some members and some moderators as to how that criticism should be presented. I have not always agreed with moderator actions, but this is not a democracy and free speech does not apply to a non governmental entity.

Reactions: mblakele
I was not a moderator back then (or even a member in 2012), but for the last couple of years moderating here, I can assure you that there is no concern for how Tesla is being perceived by the admins of this site. I cannot speak for all moderators, but in the discussions I've seen, I have a hard time believing they would moderate based on those guidelines either. I do think things have changed significantly in those 7 years since you got the warning, not the least of which is the relationship between Tesla and its customers, which I believe permeates down to this forum. I don't think Tesla cares much at all about what goes on here. They're bigger than that now.

You may have a hard time believing it. But 100 per cent true. I went to find it, in my PM's, but not there. Ha. My son was hurt in a Tesla store, total accident. No ones fault (asides my 2 year olds, and I guess mine as I was pulling out my credit card to buy some stuff, when he got hurt). No permanent damage. They changed the title of my post as they did not want the word accident in it. Why? "as media could pick up on it, and we have to be careful how Tesla is perceived in the public eye". although i am quoting, i am really paraphrasing. In 2012 you could literally read every new post on the board daily. i have a hard time believing you find this hard to believe.

Rational criticism of Tesla has always been allowed here. There have been some individual problems between some members and some moderators as to how that criticism should be presented. I have not always agreed with moderator actions, but this is not a democracy and free speech does not apply to a non governmental entity.

ummh, no. Remember the dude, who warned us all about all the problems with the Model X and how it will be delayed.His stuff was retrospectively 100 per cent factual, hence rational, no? People called him all sorts of stuff, and overtly ridiculed his comments. Just another good information source who was 'run out of town'.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
You may have a hard time believing it. But 100 per cent true. I went to find it, in my PM's, but not there. Ha. My son was hurt in a Tesla store, total accident. No ones fault (asides my 2 year olds, and I guess mine as I was pulling out my credit card to buy some stuff, when he got hurt). No permanent damage. They changed the title of my post as they did not want the word accident in it. Why? "as media could pick up on it, and we have to be careful how Tesla is perceived in the public eye". although i am quoting, i am really paraphrasing. In 2012 you could literally read every new post on the board daily. i have a hard time believing you find this hard to believe.
I absolutely believe your story, I'm sorry if my post wasn't clear. I was trying to say that in the most recent 2 years, since I've been moderating, I have a hard time believing it continues. I do think Tesla was much more concerned about TMC early on when they had few cars out and a nontrivial percentage of owners participated here. I do not believe they care anymore, since we don't represent an awful lot.

Again, I'm sorry if you got the impression I didn't believe you. I do.

People who think that the moderators and admins routinely censor posts critical of Tesla have obviously not been following the threads that I moderate.

Bruce.

The censorship now seems to apply to having any transparency of process, and having posts outright removed, sometimes for no real obvious reason..with a ' sorry, too busy, had to get heavy handed, my bad if your great post was caught up in the process' reply.

The people critical of Tesla here, have for the most part left, or been chased out. This is evidenced by the nothing but buying opportunity in the investors thread.

I absolutely believe your story, I'm sorry if my post wasn't clear. I was trying to say that in the most recent 2 years, since I've been moderating, I have a hard time believing it continues. I do think Tesla was much more concerned about TMC early on when they had few cars out and a nontrivial percentage of owners participated here. I do not believe they care anymore, since we don't represent an awful lot.

Again, I'm sorry if you got the impression I didn't believe you. I do.

No worries. My apologies as well if I came off uncouth in my response. I do very much appreciate the clarification.

Reactions: Skipdd and ohmman
This is evidenced by the nothing but buying opportunity in the investors thread.
I'm sorry but that's blatant nonsense. Most recently I and others were very critical of Tesla's handling of the Walmart issue when the lawsuit was announced. I have always been critical of Tesla when I felt it was warranted.

What he said! Didn't take me long to realize if you are on that forum it's Reddit's way or the hi-way. I told them that and, believe it or not, I got a profanity laced reply from one of their moderators. Needless to say, after my reply to the moderator, I have not been back. I don't think they are familiar with democracy.

I blocked the moderator on one forum on Reddit so he couldn't communicate with me.

Reddit one of the most polarized platforms that you can't have a reasonable dialog on. I found my group, but they have been in quarantine for over two months and they continue to grow, even under quarantine.

I wonder how many of their moderators are now Chinese bots trying to influence our social media platforms?

mhdmuxue77i31.jpg

Last edited:
Neroden was definitely given plenty of opportunities to complain. Over and over and over. Maybe that was the problem. Repetitive venting. I don’t think he should have been banned though. Is there a better forum to patronize than this one? I don’t really like the monopoly TMC has.
There’s always Sleezy kinky (urk) Ralphing Alfalfa, where I’m essentially moderated/banned from posting much of anything