Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"You people"? Really?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@neroden's stats are astonishing, really. This is one of the most prolific participants in this forum. The sudden "disappearing" is just chilling.

View attachment 439199

Compare to the two admins of this site. Just sayin'.

View attachment 439202

It's not in any way chilling.

An admin or moderator made a decision to ban them because they felt they warranted being banned. I've seen long-term posters banned on other forums. Life goes on.

It's not in any way chilling.

An admin or moderator made a decision to ban them because they felt they warranted being banned. I've seen long-term posters banned on other forums. Life goes on.

Of course life goes on. But at the same time communities degenerate, quality decreases, people flee to other places. It you don't take care of your community things go south quickly.
I'm sure mods wanted to take care of this community with this ban, but some of us here disagree, and question both the decision and the method.

If I had to guess, I'd guess that account is some other user's sockpuppet for joke posting (especially because of the Funny rating on this software encouraging joke posts), not actual ban evasion. (Also, while joke posting sockpuppets are against the rules of most forums, some forums' moderators use their discretion to allow them when they're clearly joke accounts, as the harm created by sockpuppets is usually in people using them in arguments, not for humor.)

Effective ban evaders will use an account that doesn't appear to have any connection with their former identity - using a pun on your former username is how your account gets found and banned immediately, if you're really ban evading. (I mean, I've seen some very ineffective ban evaders on forums, but they're usually the, um, less mature posters.)

If I had to guess, I'd guess that account is some other user's sockpuppet for joke posting (especially because of the Funny rating on this software encouraging joke posts), not actual ban evasion. (Also, while joke posting sockpuppets are against the rules of most forums, some forums' moderators use their discretion to allow them when they're clearly joke accounts, as the harm created by sockpuppets is usually in people using them in arguments, not for humor.)

Effective ban evaders will use an account that doesn't appear to have any connection with their former identity - using a pun on your former username is how your account gets found and banned immediately, if you're really ban evading. (I mean, I've seen some very ineffective ban evaders on forums, but they're usually the, um, less mature posters.)

Must be smarty pills in those Ohio waters.

If ohmman's posts are any indication, Neroden was temporaily banned. We would noticed if Neroden was tempbanned before, right? I am assuming no one would go straight from warnings to permaban - that indeed would be too heavy-handed.

Guys, I spoke with one mod one week ago, and he told me he was permanently banned. He has been banned temporarily in these years, but apparently the last actions/messages were too much, and owners (more than mods, from whatI gather) wanted him out.

• Informative
Reactions: Boomer19
Unfortunately, TMC has a long history of driving the best and brightest contributors away to other forums. Sad really.
If by 'TMC', you're also including members who give passive-aggressive responses (or just leave a rating that doesn't fit the post) and/or attack anyone who doesn't agree w them (pro or anti Tesla), I agree.

:cool: