TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

You Really Think Your X Has Problems ?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by ElectricTundra, Mar 25, 2016.

1. ElectricTundra

Feb 5, 2015
    There's no good excuse for many of the problems that early X owners have experienced. Tesla should have and could have done a much better job. That many of these issues aren't dealt with before Tesla attempts to deliver the car is really disappointing and does diminish trust in Tesla and Musk.

Tesla aren't alone though. Problems with higher end cars are certainly not unusual. I once worked for a garage that for $400 would fix common problems (loose bolts, bad electrical connections and such) with brand new Jaguars. The local dealer even recommended us to many of their customers. Few Ferrari customers, that I know, expect their cars to be highly reliable (and those who do will be disappointed).

If Tesla are to be successful they need to be much better than this. The coming wave of customers will be less knowledgable, less patient, and expect much higher reliability from initial delivery to end-of-life.

For a bit of perspective though here is one customer's experience with his $1.6m Koenigsegg.
    • Like x 1
  2. DougH

DougH Active Member

May 8, 2015
    Model S are being delivered with some of the same issues the first ones had so this does not surprise me at all. Just something you have to deal with it you love the brand.
  3. Drivin

Drivin Member

Feb 7, 2016
    Well, okay then.
    Since one person had problems with a $1.6M car, that sheds a lot of perspective on this.
    This means something.
    I know someone who had no problems with their $25k Camry, so that is another perspective.
    This means something.