Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

You should use your brakes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for all the feedback, it seems to be the consensus that I should use my brakes a bit more to some extend, which should be no problems for the foreseeable future since the Scandinavian winter is coming up soon.
But I will try to exercises them a bit more than I used to.

I wonder what "unbalanced way" means. I don't understand.

I traded in my S this year with 62K miles on it and the brakes felt fine. Maybe this "unbalanced way" is not something you can feel while braking? I only use the brakes in a Tesla when needed and that isn't very often, as we all know.

I think the technician meant that a patchy disc surface might create an "uneven" braking effect, rather than "unbalanced".

You might feel this as modulation or pulsation on the brake pedal. I think this is what I was feeling when all 4 of my inner brake pads had seized in their calipers.

Yeah, it may be "uneven" is a better word, I guess I lost it in translation. I've never been much of a car guy, especially when it comes to other languages. :)

But I could not feel that there should be anything wrong with braking during driving, handled just as nicely as when I picked it up.

Reactions: PrGrPa
This is a good thing for me... My brakes get used... A lot... Mountain roads at "Almost way the crap too fast" will cause that, but this car is oh so much fun to drive...
My brakes also get used descending mountains when the regen is limited because the battery is cool or cold, which happens a lot. 14% grades and hairpin curves will do that! When the regen is lmited to 30kW or less I have to work hard — approach curves more slowly than usual — to avoid using the brakes. The occasional panic stop for deer on the road shows that my brakes work fine.