Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

You You Xue - Model-3 UK Roadtrip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

WannabeOwner

Nov 2, 2015
Suffolk, UK
In case not everyone knows? You You Xue took his M3 on a road trip across USA kindly showing it to people, and giving rides etc.

That must have been a small "taster" project, because he is now shipping the car across the Pond to do a tour of Europe :cool:

Dates have seemed to be a bit fluid, but as they stand at present he will be at Heathrow (West Drayton maybe, but folk suggesting that's a congested location) on Friday 06-April 15:00 - 17:00 and at a recharging stop at Oxford Saturday 07-April 13:00 - 16:00

Undoubtedly an expensive trip for him, and he has a Donate page here:
Donate – Model 3 Road Trip

Other links:

FB : The tour event itself : www.facebook.com/pg/tsla3/events/ (I'm not a Facebook user, but there seems to be a Ticket Registration facility, dunno if just-pitch-up is OK?)

Model-3 Owners Club Forum

Hmm. He's apparently planning to meet at the Oxford supercharger, despite the fact that it won't charge his (USA-spec) car.

Likewise, his plan to leave after an event in Paris at 10:00 to arrive at West Drayton by 15:00 the same day seems challenging even without allowing for the lack of superchargers....

Hmm. He's apparently planning to meet at the Oxford supercharger, despite the fact that it won't charge his (USA-spec) car.

Likewise, his plan to leave after an event in Paris at 10:00 to arrive at West Drayton by 15:00 the same day seems challenging even without allowing for the lack of superchargers....
Maybe he'll just flatbed it across Europe? No Superchargers necessary! ;)

despite the fact that it won't charge his (USA-spec) car.

I saw discussion of that some months ago,somewhere, so I presume he's figured out some means of doing that ... or he's just meeting at Superchargers as a suitable Tesla-Location and charging elsewhere?

Take your spanners just-in-case maybe? :)

The dates have changed a fair bit, the UK meet was next week, originally, so I think the dates will move and firm up ... seems likely to me that he would start in UK and then go to continent, so perhaps the Paris date is still at original date and not yet been moved-back ...

Bjorn borrowed You You's M3 when he was in the States recently (Bjorn's visit seemed either a bit sudden, or hush-hush, so my guess is that Bjorn got his invite to Race the Semi ...)

Reactions: Dr. J
I thought he wasn't going to be able to charge since it was a US vehicle, while in Europe. Didn't he mention Tesla persuade him not to do it and gave payed for the car or something + dinner with Elon? Or was that just a bad joke? I see now his plan is on the way for the europe trip, what changed?

dinner with Elon?

There was some April-Fool stuff on his Facebook chatter (perhaps in response to Elon's April-01 "We're going bankrupt" joke) ... so might have been that?

But the dates have moved around a fair bit, and there are currently dates in the schedule for radically different places in Europe on the same day, which are clearly not achievable, so I'm not sure how "firm" the schedule is as yet ...

... 21-Apr - 23-Apr, as scheduled, is 3,700 miles ... Google says "61 hours without traffic" :rolleyes:

... but the info about UK, at the start of the tour, seems to have firmed up and its all kicking off this Saturday so Fingers-Crossed.

I can't now make the date / venue in the UK though

I hate that he resorted to blaming autopilot.

A guy that has gone to the lengths he has can probably be described as a fan boy, so it's not like he's trying to hurt the brand. So why shouldn't he be allowed to tell his side of it?

Tesla will get access to the telemetry at some point and once that information is released we'll know whether it was driver fault, technology or both.

Edited to link to thread on main Model S forum: Model 3 Owner Wrecks in Europe, then blames everyone but himself. which includes an excerpt from his account on Facebook where he takes full responsibility for the accident.

Last edited:
A guy that has gone to the lengths he has can probably be described as a fan boy, so it's not like he's trying to hurt the brand. So why shouldn't he be allowed to tell his side of it?

Tesla will get access to the telemetry at some point and once that information is released we'll know whether it was driver fault, technology or both.

Edited to link to thread on main Model S forum: Model 3 Owner Wrecks in Europe, then blames everyone but himself. which includes an excerpt from his account on Facebook where he takes full responsibility for the accident.

So wait.....does he blame autopilot or himself?

It can't be both.

One surpasses the other.