Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

You'll forget how to pump gas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, maybe not you, but I did. We are giving our hybrid car to our son. It was the wife's car and in the last 5 years, I only drove the Tesla. Yesterday, I took it to be washed and serviced and then went to fill it full of gas. Uh yea, I got out of the car and stared at the pump and thought "what do I do next". Seriously, I had to think about it for about a minute until the muscle memory came back. I hope it isn't early Alzheimer's disease. :oops:

As a side note, I wondered if I was going to need to get a home equity loan to fill a 17 gallon tank with gas. $87 and it wasn't even empty.

That's a lot of money for a small car. Last month, the wife and I went to the pump with our motorcycles. She's on a can am and I have a dirt bike holds a gallon half. She needed half tank. it was well over $20.
I'm wondering if any EA charging users would ever forget how to pump gas? I think not.

Well, maybe not you, but I did. We are giving our hybrid car to our son. It was the wife's car and in the last 5 years, I only drove the Tesla. Yesterday, I took it to be washed and serviced and then went to fill it full of gas. Uh yea, I got out of the car and stared at the pump and thought "what do I do next". Seriously, I had to think about it for about a minute until the muscle memory came back. I hope it isn't early Alzheimer's disease. :oops:
At least you didn't go to have lunch/dinner for 20-30 mins while the car "charged." 😂

Only confusing part was dealing with a gas pump with a chip reader where it temporarily locks the card in the pump. People that frequently buy gas, learned about that “new” change years ago.

Also, every gas pump I use will prompt for my ZIP code. It you frequent the same station often enough, they don’t require your ZIP code on follow-up visits.

I refrain from making snide comments to friends like “How much is gas per gallon now? I had no idea!”. They generally don’t appreciate comments like that.

• Funny
Reactions: mangrove79
Only confusing part was dealing with a gas pump with a chip reader where it temporarily locks the card in the pump. People that frequently buy gas, learned about that “new” change years ago.

I had this exact same issue a month ago. I'd not put gas into my 4runner in 6 months and was caught off guard when this happened. I felt pretty stupid.

Not surprising to me at all either. But I haven’t been at a supercharger , YET

You have three Teslas and haven't used a Supercharger? 🤨

Initially I was pretty impressed, but the more I visited the more I realized Tesla owners really aren't different from anyone else. At least I don't have to go to a public charging place for my day to day driving - I just plug in in my garage where it's all my own trash 😄

You have three Teslas and haven't used a Supercharger? 🤨

Initially I was pretty impressed, but the more I visited the more I realized Tesla owners really aren't different from anyone else. At least I don't have to go to a public charging place for my day to day driving - I just plug in in my garage where it's all my own trash 😄
Haha no I meant I haven’t been panhandled at a supercharger yet.

• Funny
Reactions: LoudMusic