Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

Your 2012 P85 in Signature Red for sale?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you’re one of the 250 or so private owners of a Performance & Signature Model S with the Signature Red paint, and you’re considering a sale of said beauty, please PM me with your asking price, current odometer, and location. I’m ready to act quickly. PIf you’re simply the owner of this great Sig Red S and not selling, congrats on your good taste and great fortune ;) I know they all came loaded with an MSRP of $101-111k, so no need to tell me all your options. I’m trying to decide if I can buy, drive, and keep this vehicle instead of buying the new 3 I’ve recently ordered and am considering canceling for sundry reasons. I had a 2012 S that I regret selling, and I think perhaps this particular S is my best option.

And yes, I know of the one such vehicle with only 12k miles that’s for sale by a Lexus dealer for just under $50k. But it’s not covered by an extended Tesla warranty that I’d prefer, and I can’t speak to its original owner to ask about its history and any potential issues. I prefer to buy from a private party who will share its rich history and seek out a great long-term home with a new owner who appreciates how special the Signature is :). Thanks!

15D9B7CB-DB07-4555-9A61-E18E9174CA09.png
Hmm....what would one pay for such a beauty? Don’t think I could part ways with my Founders #11, but I’d sure like to hear offers!
A beauty you have indeed! How many Founders vehicles were manufactured? Were they all P85 in Sig Red? I wouldn’t know where to begin on price given how rare these are, not to mention that most Founders owners likely aren’t motivated to part with their baby. The likely only fair and equal trade would be for one of my baby girls...but I wouldn’t know which one to part with ;)

• Funny
Reactions: linkster and Joelc
View attachment 353378
A beauty you have indeed! How many Founders vehicles were manufactured? Were they all P85 in Sig Red? I wouldn’t know where to begin on price given how rare these are, not to mention that most Founders owners likely aren’t motivated to part with their baby. The likely only fair and equal trade would be for one of my baby girls...but I wouldn’t know which one to part with ;)

Beautiful family! We have the same color radio flyer! Indeed, We must have the same taste!

As to your questions...
I believe they’re/were 27 founders S.
They were not all Sig red.
How about $1 billion?! (Austin Powers style), lol. Mine was owned by the search engine owner...yeah that one!...current net worth is $34 billion!?!
No human trafficking allowed on TMC...please read the forum rules.

Beautiful family! We have the same color radio flyer! Indeed, We must have the same taste!

As to your questions...
I believe they’re/were 27 founders S.
They were not all Sig red.
How about $1 billion?! (Austin Powers style), lol. Mine was owned by the search engine owner...yeah that one!...current net worth is $34 billion!?!
No human trafficking allowed on TMC...please read the forum rules.
I never read all that fine print stuff. So now that I know, I guess I’ll have to formally rescind my offer. That said, there are some days the teenager drives us crazy with her horrible driving...so she’d be free...so not really human trafficking if we expect nothing in return, right?! :)

Seriously, I appreciate knowing the stats on the Founders production. Very interesting. How’d you get so lucky?

And I think the only Tesla color more beautiful than that blue is the Sig red! Since I’m about $1B short of being able to afford yours, I’ll just have to hope Iowa’s new Powerball winner adopts me. Then I’ll PM you!

Nice to see another IA member, Bettendorf here!
Hi Bettendorf. I’ll keep my eyes out for your beautiful red S ;)

If you’re supercharging at HyVee and a confused guy is trying to plug in his black ELR, that’s me (out of habit, while I grocery shop, since selling my S last Feb). I’m going through Tesla withdrawals at the moment until my blue/white MR 3 comes...or I change my mind and find a classic Sig Red P85!

I have mine and still love it. Just picked up a 2018 P100D Model X to ensure my carpool access next year :)
I had Tesla add integrated "basic" parking sensors, foldable mirrors and the integrated center console.

Good luck in your search!

Attachments

• IMG_0680.jpg
    IMG_0680.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 79
There were a couple on Tesla CPO for mid 30’s. I think I saw 2 P85 Sig Red with the Classic White interior in the last month or so, try to keep a lookout on there.
Thanks for the feedback. My wife found the black Sig P85 in Chicago listed today for $38,600. Which surprised me how much the Sig P85s have fallen in FMV. I was totally shocked that these classics haven't held a higher value, which is positive for me at the moment as a potential buyer. Just a bit disappointing for the long-term owners. Thanks for sharing the data.

Last edited: