Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your Cars Name?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Telstar

Telstar is very meaningful for me as a symbol of the future. I am just old enough to remember the first live transatlantic TV broadcasts. As a young boy I sat staring at some blurry black and white images from America and hearing that this was possible because this amazing sci-fi device had been sent into space on a rocket and was now orbiting the earth bouncing TV signals! After that I had to believe anything was possible. Some adults told us that these foolish Americans were now wasting their time and money trying to send men to the moon ... some hope, they said. The Tesla represents that technical optimism, a readiness to make the future happen!

Inspired by the satellite a sci-fi instrumental music track by The Tornados called Telstar got to the top of the charts. I can now drive along in my Tesla Telstar listening to the Tornados!

.... And the other thing is, when I try to type quickly I often mess up the letters in Tesla so I'm halfway to Telstar already!

Wikipedia:
Telstar.png

"Telstar is the name of various communications satellites. The first two Telstar satellites were experimental and nearly identical. Telstar 1 launched on top of a Thor-Delta rocket on July 10, 1962. It successfully relayed through space the first television pictures, telephone calls, and telegraph images, and provided the first live transatlantic television feed. Telstar 2 launched May 7, 1963. Telstar 1 and 2—though no longer functional—still orbit the Earth.[1]"

Reactions: Roy W. and PACEMD
:D
X-34

It was the type of Landspeeder that Luke Skywalker had in the original Star Wars movie

So, collected today :D sat in the car showing my girls (13 & 17) what’s what and we get to the naming ceremony- I’m keying in my chosen name.... “dad what are you doing?”, ME:“I’m going with this, it’s a Star Wars thing”, THEM:“but it’s really lame”:confused: ME:“so what would you choose”, THEM:“duh what’s you name?”, ME:”huh”, THEM:”Jezla”..... Sorted :cool:

Reactions: Drew57 and Adopado
Moderator comment - some of the following posts merged from "Naming you car"

Does anyone else do this?

I know it's very sad but I've taken to naming my cars. My last two have been big, burly German estates and were known as Mathilde and Hildegarde respectively.

I think when (if) my M3 arrives, it should have a valley girl name. That seems to fit Tesla for me somehow. I'm thinking "Madison" or "Tiffany" but it depends what I feel like when I see her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone else do this?

I know it's very sad but I've taken to naming my cars. My last two have been big, burly German estates and were known as Mathilde and Hildegarde respectively.

I think when (if) my M3 arrives, it should have a valley girl name. That seems to fit Tesla for me somehow. I'm thinking "Madison" or "Tiffany" but it depends what I feel like when I see her.
Have a read...

Your Cars Name?

You kind of have to. The car has a name in the software and its displayed on the app and notifications etc. Yes you can just call it "Tesla" if you want but it seems kind of unimaginative not to come up with something at bit more creative.

Top car names can also be found on Teslafi.com -

upload_2020-7-17_17-46-31.png

For those that don't know, Teslafi.com is a fabulous site that helps track drives, charges, costs, software and has statistics which includes the Top 10 names. Mine is Joules - lowest on the top 10 but I believe much more interesting than "Tesla" which made #3. Ah, to each their own.,,

Teslafi is one of those sites that I consider a "must subscribe"! I used it for about two weeks and have been a subscriber almost two years now. You get a free two-week trial so there is no obligation, but if you want an extra two weeks use referral code 'bsietz' and you get an extra two weeks.

So, definitely name your car!
-Brian

Attachments

• upload_2020-7-17_17-46-15.png
    upload_2020-7-17_17-46-15.png
    47.1 KB · Views: 34